COminesFreeskier

Offline

A Little About Me

I am an Undergrad at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado where I am studying geology. I love anything and everything outdoors and have always tried to make the Wilderness my "Second Home." Over the past seven or so summers I have been lucky enough to go on extended wilderness trips in some of the Following places: 2000: St. Croix River Wilderness Waterway, Northeastern Maine, Whitewater Conoeing: approx. 100 miles, 2 Weeks. 2001: Wilderness Conoeing and Hiking in Northern Maine; Paddled length of the St. John River from Baker Lake to Allagash Village, Poled upstream on the Allagash River, travelled through interconnected series of lakes, [ponds, streams, and rivers to east branch of the Penobscot River, retracing route of Henry David Thorough in Maine. Hiked last 100 miles of Appalachian trail to Mt. Katahdin. Final trip length: approx. 450 miles, 7 1/2 weeks. 2002: Paddled Lake Mistassini in Northern Quebec (James Bay Area) by Conoe, then poled up Temiscamie River to Coldwater Lake via streams and portages: then paddled down length of Mistassini river by whitewater conoe. Total Trip Length: 5 1/2 weeks, approx. 350 miles. 2003: Paddled the George River in far northern Artctic Quebec from Indian House Lake to Kangiqsualujjuaq Village on Ungava Bay: Total trip length, 3 1/2 weeks, approx. 250 miles. 2004: 1 week long sailing trip from Wiscasset, Maine to Bar Harbor, Maine. 1 Week Conoeing/Hiking Trip on Flagstaff Lake, Maine and along the appalachian trail in this area. 2005: Whitewater Conoeing/Hiking trip from Schefferville, Quebec to Kangiqsualujjuaq, Quebec via Lake Attikamagen to the De Pas River to Indian House Lake to the George River to Ungava Bay and the Arctic Ocean. Total Trip Length: 5 1/2 weeks, apoprox. 500 miles. I Hold Smiling, Positivity, Fun, and Energy high on my list of things to do everyday. :) Am always looking for people to go Hiking, Skiing, Rock Climbing, Exploring, or just goofin' around with, hit me up if your in the Golden area. This past summer while working in rural Northwestern Nevada in an internship with Newmont Mining Corporation, I had the chance to train on dozens of great remote high desert peaks, and did a 5-day packpacking trip in Yosemite as well which was a great time. I'm hoping to get as much hiking and climbing done as I can this fall all around Colorado so let me know if your interested! "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds." -Edward Abbey.

My Images

See all of my 21 Images:

My Lists

Show Lists

Content loading here...

Messages Relevant to Me

Messages Posted to My Contributions

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Replies to My Messages

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Messages I Posted/ Editable Objects

Messages I've Posted

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Objects I Can Edit

Show Objects

Content loading here...

Reviews I Posted/Reviews Posted to my Gear

Reviews I've Posted

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Reviews Posted to my Gear

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Objects Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Objects

Content loading here...

Photos Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Photos

Content loading here...