Virginia Lakes Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 38.04794°N / 119.26319°W
Additional Information County: Mono
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 9800 ft / 2987 m

Add Heading here

View on the descent back to the Virginia LakesView on the descent back to the Virginia Lakes Trailhead



The Virginia Lakes Trailhead is perhaps one of the best hiking areas in all of California. Numerous summits can be reached from the trailhead. It is situated at 9,800’, which is high by Sierra standards. While all of the accessible peaks are less than 12,500’, the sheer beauty of the area is awe inspiring.

To reach it you need to get to Conway Summit 8,143'. From the north from Bridgeport, California head 13 miles south on Hwy. 395 to Conway Summit. From the south, head about 13 miles north from Lee Vining to Conway Summit, passing Mono Lake on the way. At Conway Summit head west on Virginia Lakes Road, and head 6 miles (west) to the trailhead at roads end.

There is no cost for parking and day hiking. Overnight camping can be arranged with the Bridgeport Ranger District. There are more details on the individual mountain pages.

External Links

Bridgeport Ranger District
Virginia Lakes Trailhead



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.