Viewing: 1-7 of 7
William Marler

William Marler - Jul 5, 2004 4:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page already. Cheers William

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 5, 2004 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

This is nice Gangolf and right now I'm going through my pictures to find what I have of this peak. I have tonnes of pictures from this area. As for Piz Schludernskirche.......like I said before, that was just the name the locals called it. I do know that the location of the mountain was to the east of Schluderns, and my altitude is just what the locals told me as well so it may be a little bit off, but i do know it's pretty close. As for the downloading of the map........it won't work on my computer, and I can't read italian, so I can't get it to work! LOL!! but, i'm going to keep trying and I'll try to let you know. I'll add my pictures as soon as possible too! Good job and I'll talk to you soon!

-Britt

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 5, 2004 11:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I know the general area that the peak is in. I have a map here that is posted under the Ortles page and it's just a tourism map but it has elevation and towns marked. The mountain is somewhere just south, or southeast of ValvelSpitze (Cima Di Valbellar-3,359m). Another point of reference would be that it is just east of the village of Matsch (Mazia). I don't know if that would be of any help to you or not, but I'm hoping it will. Thank you.

-Britt

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 6, 2004 2:29 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote! I'll take a look at the map when I get home tonight. Your directions should at least help. I'll get a screenshot of atlanteitaliano.it so you will be able to look for yourself.



Cheers



Gangolf

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 6, 2004 2:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice idea if I come around there!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 6, 2004 2:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Vid! Most of the time you have better views from the lower mountains. Standing on top of Ortler you won't be able to see Ortler itself ;-)

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 6, 2004 4:41 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, also for the corrections (I still don't know why Word won't find these errors). And for keeping me company last night ;-)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Watles / Monte Vatles' main page