Weeping Wall, WI 3- 6 Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
hunterslee

hunterslee - Feb 15, 2016 7:23 pm Date Climbed: Mar 8, 2013

Fun Climb  Sucess!

Had a fun day on the left variation. Solid grade 4. The easiest approach I've ever had.

nbaisburd

nbaisburd - Dec 19, 2011 1:44 am

My first multi pitch climb  Sucess!

Great weather, amazing climb.

noahs213

noahs213 - Mar 27, 2011 6:54 am Date Climbed: Mar 22, 2011

Central  Sucess!

Got on the Lower Weeping Wall to late in the day. Found slushy conditions. Should of not gotten on it! None the less, a beautiful route.

MichaelJ

MichaelJ - Mar 1, 2009 2:49 pm Date Climbed: Feb 26, 2009

Right, Left, Central, Upper  Sucess!

Climbed the right side with Brian. He took odds, I got the even. I thought the first and third pitches were pretty so-so but the long middle one was spectacular and worth the long drive from Canmore. The pitch was sustained, often overhanging with bullet ice mushrooms under several inches of sun-baked snice and hard to find pro, never too hard but always interesting. A 60m rope got me just from the bolted belay to the end of the difficulties and a snow ledge. Brian had to simul quite a ways until I got to more good ice and built an anchor. There is a bolted belay off the right but this was a long way from where my line topped out.

Edit: Came back the next week to do Left and Central lines as approaches for climbing two routes on the Upper Wall. Central was really stellar.

The descent beta on the page here is dead wrong. The author hasn't even climbed the Weeping Wall proper. The easiest way off the Wall is the fixed rap line that starts on a big tree at the top of the Right side (the belay atop P3 if you've climbed the Right line). Chains on the tree to two bolted stations on the rock face put you back at the base.


Stickit

Stickit - May 9, 2008 12:09 pm Date Climbed: Feb 27, 2006

Left side WI4  Sucess!

Had the whole wall to ourselves (the road in got closed behind us) Ramparts Creek hostel was more luxurious. Fun climb with the easiest approach I've ever seen.

GCutforth

GCutforth - Nov 30, 2007 1:43 am

Right, Left, Snivelling Gully and Central  Sucess!

I have been lucky enough to climb all 4 lines through the years in th order they are listed. They have all been memorable experiences for me. I climbed the right hand with Harvey Struss and we had an amazing day. I climbed the other three lines with AJones and each was memorable for much different reasons. Am I sensing a pattern here? :)

AJones

AJones - Nov 12, 2007 10:48 pm

Left Side, Central, Snivelling  Sucess!

I've climbed Snivelling, Left Side and Central at various times, but to be truthful, I've never had a really good day at the Weeping Wall. It's always been too cold, or crappy ice. But this is my bad luck, not indicitive of the wall. I do love the approach.

climbxclimb

climbxclimb - Apr 11, 2007 5:09 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2006

Weeping wall 4+, 5 section  Sucess!

Climbed this amazing climb during my first visit to the icefield Parkway....Incredible!!!

highice - Feb 1, 2007 5:16 pm

snivelling  Sucess!

my first raod trip ice climbing during my first year of ice. nice route and I had to lead 'em all...my buddy was whining about the cold and said if we climb I better lead all the P's. I was just a beginner (he had 20 yrs exp)and was a little freaked about using beaks, it was thin. what an intro to canadian ice though!

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Dec 25, 2006 3:16 pm Date Climbed: Dec 19, 2006

Snivelling Gully  Sucess!

Hitting the ice just days after climbing on sandstone in southern Utah, what fun transition. Excellent day, 1st and 4th pitches make it worthwhile, the two in between are not so hot. Had the whole place to ourselves. Climbing ice every other day, best season during the past 5.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Weeping Wall, WI 3- 6' main page