Wengen-Wengeralp

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.59236°N / 7.94790°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Tschuggen and Lauberhorn from MurrenView from Murren

The slope of this route is the second after the route Grindelwald-Grund, 1200 meters and it's a good hike as well but if you don't want to walk 3h 45 min to the summit it's possible to take the train from Wengen (1274m) to the area of restaurants of Wengeralp at 1873m or even to Kleine Scheidegg (2061m).

Getting There

From Interlaken take the train to Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. From Grindelwald take the train to Zweilütschinen and a new train to Wengen.

Route Description

BlattiflueBlattiflue

Slope: 1200m.
Time: 3h 45 min.

From Wengernalp:
Slope: 600m.
Time: 1h 45min.

The route begin in the village of Wengen following the path parallel to railroad in direction to signals of Kleine Scheidegg (South). We follow the signals and the path across In Gassen (1400m), Allmend (1493m) always near of the railroad under the great west face of the ridge of Blattiflue (west flank of Lauberhorn). We cross to the other side of railroad to reach a little station at 1599m over Boden. The path go to a new station in Wasserstation (1776m) before the turn to SE to reach the restaurant and station of Wengeralp (1874m).
Eiger(3970m), Monch(4107m) and Jungfrau(4158m)Wengernalp

Two options from there:

a)
The most direct for mountaineers is the path of South face of Lauberhorn. After a zig-zag across Hundschoff and the hut of Rinderhitta we reach the little lake under the house of ski-lift of Lauberhornshultter (2317m). Reaching the house and towers of ski resort the walk go in direction north to get the entry of normal route from Kleine Scheidegg.

b) The longest but less hard is walking in direction to Kleine Scheidegg. The path go parallel to the train in a good forest track, no problems to reach Kleine Scheidegg. Take the normal route from there.

MännlichenMännlichen

For the return you can to go to Kleine Scheidegg to take the train to Wengen or to realize the walk to Männlichen (1h more) to take the cable way to Wengen.

Essential Gear

Nothing special. Drinks are availables in the restaurants.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.