West Ridge Comments

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Dec 3, 2006 2:19 am - Voted 10/10

I really appreciate this

I really like your comment about not describing the route in detail so that others can have the fun of finding it. Too often, a minutely detailed route description has me concentrating more on finding key landmarks than on enjoying where I am. In the end, I almost always abandon the plan and find my own way, anyway. Thanks for giving an implicit voice to that notion.

Kane

Kane - Dec 3, 2006 3:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I really appreciate this

BSIHLER, thanks for the thoughtful response. It's nice to recieve a well thought out comment on my page. I'm thinking that most climbers that want to climb Clark are not looking for too much detail. The climbing text should be short but actually "getting there" to do the climbing should be a bit more detailed. I have taken this approach with most of my latest pages.

Let me know if you feel like climbing in the Elks next season. I typically enjoy obscure peaks (ranked and unranked...named and unnamed) that offer up sick views. When i talk about "views," I'm in for the whole package. I want sick views along the approach and climb. My partner and I research constantly, looking for fun and memorable stuff.

I read your recently submitted Castle TR. It's nice to see you had a change of heart concerning the Elks. It's truley a great mountain range.


Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'West Ridge' main page