Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.37567°N / 20.57593°E
Additional Information County: Powiat nowotarski
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3445 ft / 1050 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

There are various names in use: Wysoka (High), Wysokie Skałki (High Rocks), slov. Vysoké Skalky. Wysoka is the highest peak of whole Pieniny and Pieniny Klippen Belt. The Peak are in the main ridge of the Small Pieniny (but Small Pieniny are higher than Pineniny), at border Slovakia/Poland.
The summit is made of red limestone. The mountain is one of the Crown of Polish Mountains.
View of Wysoka from Trzy KoronyView to Wysoka from Trzy Korony

Getting There

From Polish side
The best place to reach Wysoka is small Village Jaworki. End of road from Krościenko.
Map

Maps Slovakia

From Slovakian side
Turn from main road Stara Lubovna-Spiska Bela toward Cerveny Klastor, reach Strananske Sedlo

Red Tape

No limitations

Camping

Many possibilities of accommodation in private houses or guesthouses.
In moutains - mountain hut "Pod Durbaszką"
Schronisko POD DURBASZKĄ
Pod DurbaszkąMountain Hut "Pod Durbaszką"

Nearest camping place in Krościenko.

External Links

Hiking Map
In Wikipedia
Album and info by Romuald Kosina

Hiking

From Slovakia
Green marked trail from Straňanské sedlo to Polish/Slovakian border (1h 20 min), then toward west - Blue and Green marked trail - 15 min. to the summit.
From Poland
Green marked trail from Jaworki - via Wąwóz Homole, 1,20 h to summit.
We can also do a tour by the ridge of the Small Pieniny, from Szczawnica, there is lift to Palenica and from here toward east by green trail. about 2,5 hours to Wysoka.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PieninyMountains & Rocks