2. Zelenyj Ugol Cherez Karnizy.

2. Zelenyj Ugol Cherez Karnizy.

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.40920°N / 33.81410°E
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5b Russian grade (TD+)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the settlment Foros take a road up to the highway Sevastopol - Yalta, cross it and continue walking up by the road to the pass Baidarskie Vorota. Turn to the right from the main road when you will be near the face and climb by the easy rocks to the beginning of the route.

Route Description


This route is number 2 on the photo.
The route begins in 3-4 meters to the right from the grotto. Along the slab climb up to the crack and then to the base of the short, slightly overhanging chimney (15m, 75 deg., IV). By this chimney climb up 5 m to the small tree (90 deg., V+), then up 35m along the vertical crack to the sloped shelf (35m, 85 deg., V) - R2. Then climb up 40m to the left upwards along the grassy shelves to the shelf with the tree in the base of the chimney (45 deg., I) - R3.along the inside corner climb up 30m (80 deg., V). Then move to the right by the wall and and along the chimney climb the top of the big overhanging stone (10m, 80 deg, V) - R4. From the shelf climb up 15m along the left crack (80 deg., V)- R5. From the point R5 120m of easy rocks (II-III) climb the Summit. The route is not equipped properly. The route is bolted. Descent by the visible trek along the summit plateau in the direction of the church.

Essential Gear


Rock shoes, helmet, one 50m rope, set of quickdraws (15), set of nuts (medium size), 4-5 friends

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.