2004

2004 "Splattski"

A true early Splattski since it was taken in IDAHO. This was taken on Bonneville Peak, the highpoint of Bannock County on August 31st, 2004. It was snowing and raining at the top of the peak and unbelievably cold for an August day. It had rained so much on the way up that I had had to stop and wring out my boot socks three times (think of slosh, slosh, slosh) and so when I wanted to capture a picture of myself on the top, I inadvertently and without permission of either deltaoperator or John Platt, used the "Splattski" arm extension method to get this unbelievable and historical picture of myself. The cheesy grin is due to chattering teeth and a desire to get back down to warmer climes. Here is another pic without me in it (a definite improvement).
Dean
on Oct 19, 2009 8:05 am
Image ID: 565200

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Oct 19, 2009 11:17 am - Voted 10/10

Nice

Nice GREEN coat, Rain? Huh, you secretly want to be a DUCK! Ha I knew it!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 20, 2009 12:55 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice...

The color green reminds me of green pickles
with onions on a sesame seed bun.

Now, it's time for my midnight snack!

Mlasky

Mlasky - Oct 19, 2011 8:59 pm - Voted 10/10

backyard

gees...you're in my back yard. :-)

Dean

Dean - Oct 19, 2011 9:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: backyard

It sure is. One of my best friends moved to Inkom and now lives just below the ski area. I snuck onto another of your local peaks this summer, Old Tom just to the south of Pocatello. Great views from there of a neat area.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4