A

A " bonzaï-pine " on the top of the Kumbtfels.

The Kumbtfels is equally know, with another using-name (which is written on the local hikes-card of the Palatinate area) : " Wetzsteinfels " ... But this seems to be a false name, the true name of this rock is " Kumbtfels " (this is the original name). On the top of this rock, is the vegetation very good preserved and savage ! Here, staying on this picture, you can see a very big " bonzaï-pine " , which is falling very deep in the ravine ... On the summit of the Kumbtfels, there are too much of this kind of pines : they're growing on the top-floor and the ramifications of the trees are falling deeply and savagely in the very impressive ravine ... The Kumbtfels is a loved climbing-rock, but the site isn't very frequented : from the highest summit (the second), you've got an excellent silent, explained with the fact that the hikers and the climbers do not so often going thereover ! The very strong slope, which is situated on the west side of the rock, can probably afraid a lot of persons, who don't really want to practice an unmarked and very difficult walk, in the middle of nowhere (deep forest). But me, it causes no problems, at every visit on this rock, I was forever gone on the two reachable summits ... It's normal for me ... Just for having big fun, and " eating with the eyes " , an excellently preserved and savage nature !
Krysto
on Aug 24, 2007 7:59 pm
Image Type(s): Flora
Image ID: 328462

Comments

No comments posted yet.