Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 34.76600°N / 106.4293°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 27, 2005
I picked up my friend Jeff at 7 am and as I was driving on I-40 through Tijeras Canyon, I noticed how cloud-covered the Sandias were and became a little worried. The clouds remained low during the entire drive south to Tajique. It became foggy as we entered the forest on FR-55. We had no problems getting to the trailhead and actually had a pretty easy first leg on the hike. It was not until the wilderness sign that things began to get tough. We chose to wear jeans that morning, which was a dumb choice. The dew on the brush in conjunction with the moisture in the air soaked our pants by the time we passed the creek bed crossing. Since it was extremely foggy and visibility was down to 10 yards, we missed the turn and ended up in a meadow up the canyon. We lost the trail around there and looked for it to see if it picked up again. Unfortunately, we didn't find it and we were soaking wet, so we decided to go back to the car. As we descended, we discovered the trail on the opposite side of the gully and made the decision to follow it the next day.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bosque PeakTrip Reports