A

A " green-ocean " , as seen from the top of the Altschlossfels ...

Hi, to all the visitors of Summitpost.org Website ! Dear friends hikers and climbers, do you know the Palatinate sector, situated in Germany ? Rich of almost 450 differents rocky formations (pink sandstone), this forestian area is excellently known, for hiking and especially, climbing ! The Altschlossfels is certainly, without faltering, the longest sandstone's formation, in all the Palatinate sector ! With 1450 meters long, he's so the biggest and the exceptionnalest rock in this area ... From his main summit (very simple to access and to penetrate, good path), you have a fabulous panorama, which is falling very deeply into an incredible and infinite forestian-massiv ! Situated between France and Germany, this forestian-massiv is one of the biggest of all the Palatinate and you can find in his southern part (already situated in France ! ), the famous and dangerous military camp of Bitche ! Warning, very high life-danger !!! The resinous trees are more important here, than the leafy trees ... The pine is the most representative kind of tree in this sector of the Palatinate !
Krysto
on Sep 4, 2007 5:23 pm
Image Type(s): Panorama
Image ID: 332818

Comments

No comments posted yet.