Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 38.71000°N / 119.99°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 27, 2004
Red Lake Peak, 27 March 2004 Dingus swings on angel wings linking turns like serpent strings while Brutus and the Ratchet Nurse crater, biff, and yard-sale curse He swishes down with master's skill his upper body quiet, still, and shouts to us "Just hop and hope!" Ratchet shakes and recoils "Nope!" We think this tour will never end: Researching ways that legs don't bend with fractured skull and twisted spine, we hear the call "Just SKI that Line!" Slowly, with a swishing sound the sky and mountain turn around I rocket headfirst down the slope a soft runout my only hope Finally we're at "Crater" Lake... I pray the Lord my soul to take; Another turn, another dive -- we'll never make it out alive. Eventually our free heel woes stagger to a painful close. No sign of Dingus, he's long gone, the night brings thoughts of distant dawn with Brutus sprawling on the snow and Ratchet singing songs of woe. But wait! we see his car draw near! Craig hands us each a frosty beer. Thanks for an awesome day!

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Red Lake PeakTrip Reports