Viewing: 1-20 of 57
whatdoIknow

whatdoIknow - May 12, 2014 6:54 am - Voted 10/10

so sorry

Bon Voyage, Parofes!

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - May 12, 2014 8:44 am - Voted 10/10

So Sad

Great Tribute article Marc. So sad to hear this news.
Rest in peace Paulo, you will be missed...

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 12, 2014 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: So Sad

Thank you very much Lodewijk.
It is very sad to lose Paulo.

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - May 12, 2014 10:20 am - Hasn't voted

No more

No more suffering, no more pain. Let your hair and beard grow long. We love you and miss you already.

Steve

Bryan K

Bryan K - May 12, 2014 1:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Sorry for your loss

Thank you for posting this moving tribute to your friend. I wasn't familiar with Parofes as I'm not a regular reader or poster on SP, but I can see the impact that his life and contributions had on you and others. I learned a lot about him through your article and I appreciate that.
May his wife, family and friends be comforted by the time they got to share with him. His spirit will certainly live on in the many mountains he climbed.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 12, 2014 2:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sorry for your loss

Thank you so much Bryan. Yes, Parofes has had a profound impact on all of his friends as well as Summit Post. His loss will be deeply felt for a long time by all of us. I hope that we all find something to learn from him through his contributions.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 12, 2014 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What a beautiful tribute...

Thank you very much Mark. Paulo was an extraordinary young man whose absence will be felt by all of us for a long time.
Marc

Alberto Rampini

Alberto Rampini - May 12, 2014 3:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks...

...Marc, for celebrating our great friend by your appropriate tribute and his own beautiful pictures, remarking well all the world that Paulo above all loved!
Rest in peace.
Alberto

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 12, 2014 5:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks...

Thank you Alberto. I think we should thank Paulo for having brought so much love and caring to this site. I admired him for his open mind, open heart and open life. I wish I could be half as brave as he was.
Marc

Cissa

Cissa - May 12, 2014 6:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Obrigada!

Thanks for putting this tribute up Marc. I am away from Brazil and could not attend his funeral service, and I got the news right after a great day in the mountains, which just reminded me of how much both him and I love Artesonraju. It has been my goal since last season to write his name up on the snow on the summit, and this year I will fight even harder to do so. Still hard to believe his physical body is gone, but I am sure that it is with homages like this that his spirit will remain among us, for many decades.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 12, 2014 7:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Obrigada!

Thank you very much Cissa. We should be really thankful to Parofes for his openness. He answered every question I asked him. He did not hold back anything. I got to know him so much better and I am grateful to him for that. I am thankful to be able to share what I know with the rest of our small, yet diverse, community.

visentin

visentin - May 13, 2014 7:47 am - Voted 10/10

beautiful tribute

I feel a bit ashamed that I knew Parofes in the moment the time I could dedicate to this site started to decrease, there are many aspects of his life and personality I ignored. Someone exceptional left us.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 13, 2014 11:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: beautiful tribute

Thank you very much Eric. We all share your sentiments.

albanberg

albanberg - May 13, 2014 8:44 am - Voted 10/10

thanks..

Thanks to all you guys for putting this together. I pulled up SP this morning to check on him. I'm so sad to see he's gone, but I'm glad that he no longer has to struggle. I always enjoyed our short messages to each other via SP. He has a great spirit.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 13, 2014 11:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: thanks..

Thank you albaberg. I'm sure his spirit will continue to soar in the mountains.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 13, 2014 8:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Such a moving collection of thoughts and images, Marc!

Thank you very much Kathy. We should really be thankful to Paulo for his foresight, generosity and honesty to leave us with so much to ponder. Paulo has brought Summit Post together in ways I could not have foreseen.
Thank you so much Kathy for your contribution to this tribute. I'm sure his spirit is smiling upon us as he continues to soar over the mountains.
Marc

EricChu

EricChu - May 13, 2014 8:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Marc, this is wonderful!

Thanks so, so much for having created this really excellent memorial page! I find it wonderful what you wrote and also the contributions from Kathy, Silvia, Pedro Hauck and Cissa! This page really expresses what we all are feeling: We SummitPosters have not only lost a highly valuable member, but a really dear and irreplaceable friend!
I regret deeply that I will now never have the chance of showing him Austria and the Berchtesgaden Alps, or follow him on a hike up Llicancabur or the Agulhas Negras he loved so profoundly - I so much would have liked to!!

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 13, 2014 10:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Marc, this is wonderful!

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts Eric, and thank you for your contribution to this tribute. Most of all, our thanks will go to Paulo for revealing so much about himself. Without getting too much into his health condition, he was so friendly and absolutely open about his life until a few days before his passing. I have said this before, I wish I could be half as courageous and strong as he proved to be. Without a doubt, he will be missed.
Marc

EastKing

EastKing - May 14, 2014 10:21 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks Marc

This was a wonderful and amazing article about an amazing man. Paulo will always be missed. I love his philosophy on life. What a great man and a great climber.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 14, 2014 11:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks Marc

Thank you very much Greg. I am honored that Paulo asked me to do this tribute, and he gave me permission to use any and all photos from his gallery. He was a self-made man with a lot more to give, and he did for the short 36 years he had on this earth.

Viewing: 1-20 of 57
Return to 'A Tribute to Paulo Roberto "Parofes" Schmidt' main page