Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Redwic

Redwic - Jun 15, 2011 9:25 am - Voted 10/10

Nice TR, Josh!

You did a good job with the write-up and photo compilation.

We had a great team, and I think we all had a great time.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice TR, Josh!

Thanks Redwic, you did great on this trip. It was a big accomplishment for all of us! As for trying to prove we all had a good time, I wrote at the end of the trip report that I had a great time, you would know if you had a great time, and Gimpilator's video made it pretty clear that he had a good time. So I think that is proof enough to me that we all had a great time! ;-)

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Jun 20, 2011 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Well done!

Way to go. That's an epic trip.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done!

Thanks etsnyd! Indeed it was, I wish we could have stayed for an extra day.

bikehike11 - Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Well Done, Josh

Just an amazing trip. You are driving me to go crazy with your crazy pics and info.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well Done, Josh

Thanks! Good, the plan worked ;-) Hope I didn't add too much eye candy for those who prefer plain text.

atavist

atavist - Jun 21, 2011 3:23 am - Hasn't voted

Great write-up

Awesome pics. Crux of the crux, hehe and it sounds like you got rappelled by the 'repel ring' on Dragontail. Something just sounds funny: "Glissade down Aasguard Pass". Very eponymous for some bumpy glissades I've taken in the Sierra.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great write-up

We did not have any rope at the crux. The crux was sketchy, but there was a spot in it that certainly deserves the label "The Crux of the Crux". Kinda like how one might say "The Best of the Best".

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jun 21, 2011 11:17 pm - Voted 10/10

awesome

The story and pics are great!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 22, 2011 3:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: awesome

Thanks! Comments like these are greatly appreciated, tonight I got back from a intense trip and am very tired. So tomorrow I hope to fix it up.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Jun 21, 2011 11:21 pm - Voted 10/10

great photos

After just looking at the photos I really want to see the Cascades. You have some great pictures of some famous peaks I have always heard about. Showing you guys in different parts of the route going up or down really makes the viewer feel like he is there. A great report and some inspiring photos.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great photos

Thanks Mike, I'm glad to hear that. The Cascades are certainly a worthy visit, if you ever do come to these parts, be sure to visit the North Cascades National Park. As for the pics of people, I decided to take a new approach to my photography, in the past I would rarely photograph people, but my brother would complain to me about that. So I figured adding people to the photo would make it seem more personal. Plus the person in the photo I'm sure is pleased.

Sierra Ledge Rat

Sierra Ledge Rat - Jun 22, 2011 12:08 am - Voted 10/10

Groovy!

"In mountaineering you always got to be in control, when your not, that's when I start to panic." I've spent a lot of time going up and down steep slopes, up when I was brave, down when I wasn't, all the while fighting panic. Sometimes I made the summit, sometimes I didn't. Love the glissading pics!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Groovy!

It's a true fact. The more I live through exposure, the more I realize how vulnerable I am, and in a sense the next time I go I'm even more frightened. Most people it is the opposite, but for me I think its good sense kicking in. I've lived through some dangerous mountaineering in my time, and try to avoid it when ever possible. So sometimes it's hard to balance just right between perils and adventure. Because I do have to say I'm very adventurous at the same time!

Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M. - Jun 22, 2011 7:06 pm - Voted 10/10

cool TR

And nice scenery! Best climbers are ones who have the most fun!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: cool TR

Agreed! We certainly had a great time, these days when I go to the mountains even if it is a small mountain I try not to take it for granted.

SKI

SKI - Jun 23, 2011 9:08 am - Voted 10/10

YES

I want to see MORE of these trip reports on SP. Well done sir, well done.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: YES

Thanks Ski! These are inspiring words to me, so today I decided to add a few more photos (mostly panoramas) to the trip report.

Eric Sandbo

Eric Sandbo - Jun 25, 2011 12:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice trip!

Congratulations on traversing some of our most beautiful peaks, and thanks for bringing back the photos!

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'A Weekend in the Enchantments: 4 Peaks in a Row' main page