Altay Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
pijiu

pijiu - Dec 10, 2007 8:29 am - Voted 10/10

Very informative

The section about "sacred moutains" is very intersting. You should try to add some infos about Chinese and Mongolian Altaï.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Dec 10, 2007 9:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very informative

Thanks! It is difficult to put together a page for a 1000-miler area for which almost no previous information exists on SP. Just how much details should be added?

As to Mongolian and Chinese side, I have a section on Southern Ranges, but it should be noted that these parts are less alpine in character, and better known for safari-style jeeping than for mountaineering.

Corax

Corax - Dec 10, 2007 11:10 am - Voted 10/10

Great contribution!

I may be able to add some info about the Chinese parts later on. There's a SP'er who has been a lot in the area, but he's one of those "lurkers" and is hard to convince to submit anything. I'll drop him an email and see if he's interested in adding some info about one of his favorite areas.

A very nice page!

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Dec 10, 2007 2:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great contribution!

Thanks Corax, really appreciate that. As you can see the far South of the range is almost a terra incognita for me :) I saw pretty amazing prictures of dome glaciers and wildlife there in TRs and adventure-travel sites, really wish there was something on SP to include on this page!

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Jan 25, 2008 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great page

Thanks. Always love seeing your winter shots, too. Just wish they were described in a bit more detail :)

Altay isn't a terror haven, and even common crime seemes to have peaked long ago. The problem with adventures in far-out places is that American vacations are so darn short, even the adventure-minded folks want to stick to the most sure-fire plans and locations.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Altay' main page