Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.34040°N / 15.47480°E
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Sign the Climber's Log

About Route

From the Velika Paklenica canyon leads a marked path to the summit of legendary Anica Kuk (712). Certainly it is not legendary because of its absolute height but 400m high monumental NW Face which contains toughest Velebit and Croatian routes. More info about Anica Kuk see on main page in its own and ‘Climbing’ sections. Route is mostly used by climbers for descent. Those that reach summit are rewarded with beautiful view towards the coast and the sea, whole Paklenica area but most striking and breathtaking is view down the perpendicular face into the canyon of Velika Paklenica. If you are starting from Starigrad Paklenica add another hour. Description till parking see on Vidakov Kuk routes page.

Velika Paklenica (parking) – Anica Kuk: 1.40h

From parking wide path leads through the most beautiful part of canyon. Wild cliffs are rising hundreds of meters above the bottom, some are overhanging and make you dizzy when you look up. After 10mins path reaches the foot of main ascent in the canyon which is surmounted in many bends by wide build path which is crossing the creek 2 times over bridges. After 10-15mins you’ll reach junction where is right over the creek towards Anica Kuk.

On the other side of creek path ascends steeply towards the foot of Anica Kuk and its face which towers perpendicularly above. Once below path turns towards left and continues to ascend. In numerous bends after 50mins you reach the pass between Anica Kuk and Jurasova Glava (754m) which is also edge of the canyon. Here is junction where left is towards Jurline hamlet. You turn right.

Path approaches in next 5mins back of the Anica Kuk which is made of broken cliffs and also steep. Summit is 30mins up. There is no path here just marks which steeply ascent over the cliffs and rocks. Edge of the face is little bit below the summit. It takes some 10mins to descent to it over the broken cliffs.



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PaklenicaMountains & Rocks