Araia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.92098°N / 2.30481°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

TrailheadAraia

It's a very interesting route across big forests.

Getting There

*Araia: it's the village at South of Aratz.

-Pamplona-Araia:

See bigger

Route Description

Summit of AratzSummit

We begin in the North of the village near of an old industry with chimney. We take the path with the signal of PR-11 in direction to San Miguel-Allarte. We reach the col just under the peak San Miguel (with easy climb to left side to the plain summit with nice panorama). We follow the paint yellow and white crossing col of Gazpoleo to descend to the source of Iturriotz. We follow the signals in direction to Aratz to cross a nice area of karst and beeches walking to the col of entry to plains of Azkasaroi with small huts and the view of Aizkorri in the background. We have two options: you can climb directly the long ramp of right side across a zig-zag but it’s better to walk a little to the huts following the path entering to forest of right side connecting with the route of tunnel of San Adrian turning to the N.W. ramp to the summit.

Essential Gear

Mailbox of AratzSummit

Nothing special. In a few of days in winter (december to february) is necessary the use if crampons and ice-axe after snowfalls with cold temperatures, but it's rare.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AratzRoutes