Ardanaz de Izagaondoa (normal)

Ardanaz de Izagaondoa (normal)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.71243°N / 1.43033°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal and most popular route to climb Izaga.

Time to summit: 1h 45m. Total 2h 30m

Getting There

You must see the main page for approach to Ardanaz. In the village you can park in the entry of the village or you can reach the small parking of the track of left side near of the Fountain.

Route Description

You exit of the village following the track of the Fountain reaching a crosspath with a signal of "Itzaga" turning to right. The track goes in direction to a field crossing other tracks. In the fence of the field you turn to right side to continue across the nice path in the forest. The path goes in Z to reach the upper part of the rocky zone. You exit of the forest reaching the wide plateau where is the Hermitage of San Miguel de Izaga, but isn't the summit. You continue across the wide area in direction to the hill and after some meters you reach the wide summit with a very wide panorama.
Track of Izaga
Path of Izaga
Path in the forest

Essential Gear

Boots.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

IzagaRoutes