At the Herrenfels : a forestian afterglow, in winter ...

At the Herrenfels : a forestian afterglow, in winter ...

The Northern Vosges are very wild and picturesque to see and to visit, to explore and to photography : this is a pure evidence ! The Herrenfels over Dambach and the Schwarzbach valley (altitude of 370 meters), is one of these rocky formations, which are very fine and elanced : the Herrenfels seems to be like a women's body ! The rock is very sculptural and fragile ... Localy, is the Herrenfels also named as " Rock of the Women " ! The site is hidden in a very dens forest and the vegetation is becoming junglual (the site is yet, almost no more frequented and known by the hikers ... ). There are only many specialists and lovers of the region, who are still knowing this beautiful and savage rock (like us, for example). In the winter season, is the forest boring and dead, but not with this very caracterial and strange light : the sun is disappearing at the horizon (it's an afterglow ! ) and the forest is transforming herself, with having the colors of a divine fire ! A very impressive and bizarrous spectacle, to photography absolutely !
Kikee
on Mar 5, 2008 7:54 am
Image Type(s): Flora
Image ID: 385809

Comments

No comments posted yet.