Bachelor Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.62890°N / 122.0119°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the Getting There section of the main page for directions to the trailhead.

Route Description

The trail starts up the southwest ridge of Bachelor Mountain on a nice trail through a fir forest. When you switchback and come out of it after about a quarter mile and 200 feet of elevation gain, it again follows the SW ridge up through an area filled with low manzanita, kinnickinnic and blueberries. As you climb you will come to a gentle saddle where a south ridge comes up just about a mile into the trail and 600 feet up from the trailhead. In the flat area where these ridges meet you will come into an area of young trees and grey snags from the Buck Mountain Burn in the 70's. Great views of Jefferson and the Cascade volcanoes can be see from here.

Continue on up the ridge on the trail another tenth or two tenths of a mile to a junction. The right fork (or it appears to just go straight here) goes to Bruno Meadows and is signed. The trail to the left is the route to the summit of Bachelor Mountain. There is a sign but currently it is resting on the ground against a tree. It's another .9 miles and a couple switchbacks up this trail to the summit.

Descend the same route. Total length is about 2 miles and 1100 feet of elevation gain.

Essential Gear

Just water, there is none on the trail.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.