Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Dec 14, 2013 2:07 pm - Voted 10/10

It is amazing

what you are able to do with such a small level of hemoglobin in your blood, and I was so sorry to hear that you have to go into another chemo treatment. I can only hope that this time it will be effective, and not cause you too much pain. I feel with you, my friend.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 14, 2013 4:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It is amazing

I cannot understand myself how I did it Ejnar. With such levels, all the patients I know stay on bed all the time. Seriously, I had to do a trip report about this to prove it, and I have the results of the blood test and tomography as well. Crazy stuff.

About the chemo, sorry to tell you this, it cause me a great deal of pain, too much pain. There was a period of three days all I could do was stay on the bed crying and asking for more medications...

The chemo affetced some face nerve and the pain will take 18 months to go away. Not that bad all the time, but there's moments all I can do is to stay as quite as I can, lay down, take some painkillers, shut the windows, turn off the TV, no sounds and all...that bad.

Well...18 months....I have to prevail. Have to!

Thank you for reading and the comment.
All the best

Paulo

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Astonishing!

That you were still able to go up that peak of over 2500 meters, and on that long trail...That is an achievement! I could not possibly, even in my wildest dreams, imagine myself having been capable of doing the trek you described under such circumstances! But I can imagine it's your deep passion that gave you the strength to still reach that goal...

Keep up that passion and that love that you have in you, Paulo - I think it's your strongest and most effective weapon against the fiend you are fighting against!!

I'm so sorry to know you're going through all of this, Paulo, it really hurts me - I wish so much I had a magic wand and could cast it all away from you...Maybe thought and prayer can do at least a part of that...But you've proven once again, by what you undertook, that you have it in you to defy this foe. It's your passion and your love for life that can save you!

Sending you all I can,

Eric

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 15, 2013 6:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Astonishing!

Yeah Eric.
Your words even got out of me a few tears since I was on the bed yet when I read them...
I've been so sad sometimes...but there's a reason for that and I rather keep it to myself.
I have to keep fighting...the most difficult part is to find the damn donnor.
Last time my doctor and I checked the list, 4 "possible" donnors appeared for me. Two brazilian and two overseas. Great right?
She said to me "Be cool Paulo, the test on the first one already is on go status".
That was in Oct 14th. Two months ago!
Things are so slow here that most people I know are sitting watching TV, than the phone ring, it's the REDOME people (redome is a short for national bank of bone marrow donnors), and they say happy "we are finally sure, we found a donnor for your son!".
Do you know the answer the mom gives like dozens of times? "Well, thanks for the call, but my son didn't resist that long, he passed away a few months ago..."

That's very, very commom here, trust me.

You see, I have 4 possible donnors, and this is incredible, and they are testing the first one yet, 60 days later! I can be dead before they get to the third.

Anyway, made my peace with that already. Not afraid to die, and die is after all part of our life. To die for me is easy, the tough part is for the ones that get left behind, the ones that will miss me...so I accept that 100% sure, no regrets. In 36 yers I lived for 72. Met the woman I love, got married (and I ask her to marry me in Venece!), knew 20 countries, some of them I've been to over 10 times...

What do I got to complain? Nothing!

Anyway...so much to talk and so little time...

See ya buddy!
All the best!

markhallam

markhallam - Dec 21, 2013 4:08 am - Voted 10/10

Bravo Paulo - again...

...for surmounting your own personal Everest. I'd say you climbed at over 8000m, but with pneumonia and sinusitis - and bleeding on top! I don't know how you kept on going... are you related to Reinhold Messner by any chance? He demonstrated that kind of drive you have shown - although I don't remember hearing about him doing it with those other things thrown on top.

I'm so sorry to hear that the beast has returned. Here's hoping for a bone marrow donor - but in the meantime all thoughts and prayers be with you as you surmount the next Everest - that of the next course of chemo.

Good luck Paulo - and let us know how you get on.

Mark

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 21, 2013 6:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bravo Paulo - again...

Related to Messner? Not a chance hehehe
Man, that was incredible, SO SO hard to do it...
Anyway...
I better keep going because my goal today is to walk over 9kms on the corridor of my floor. Day 39 admitted my friend, going crazy.

About the news, take a look at the new article, updated last night!

Here: http://www.summitpost.org/the-fight-second-round-is-on/879832

Cheers my friend!
Parofes

slowbutsteady

slowbutsteady - Dec 21, 2013 3:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Again, I am counting

Parofes, Again I am counting my blessings. At age 71, I have never had to endure the hardships you are facing. Hopefully the current round of Chemo can do more for you. We all await word of your progress. Charles Baxter (slowbutsteady)

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 22, 2013 7:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Again, I am counting

Mr Baxter my dear friend owner of some of the best photography work on SP.
Always a good word on a good time...
Best wishes from Brazil, great holidays for you and yours!

silversummit

silversummit - Dec 22, 2013 1:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Been thinking alot about you Parofes!

If you are believer in the idea that things happen for a reason as I am then all the waiting just means that good will come out of this. You summed up your life quite well; 72 years already lived in 36 and that is remarkable. Just finding the love of your life is a blessing as you know! Prayers and my thoughts to you, our beloved Brazilian SPer!

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family in this joyous season!

Kathy

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 22, 2013 4:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Been thinking alot about you Parofes!

Well,

Kathy I'm an atheist since a little kid.
But anyway, I appreciate your words as they come from the heart, and that is quite a real thing...nothing can put a price on that.
Happy holidays to you and yours!
All the best!
Paulo

silversummit

silversummit - Dec 22, 2013 7:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Been thinking alot about you Parofes!

Not being religious either I do believe in the power of prayer as a force within us and that things do happen for whatever reason. Again, I am thinking of you and yours!

PAROFES

PAROFES - Dec 23, 2013 11:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Been thinking alot about you Parofes!

Once more, thanks Kathy, that means a lot to me.
All the best
Paulo

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Back in Itatiaia NP : 8000m at 2552m. Is that even possible?' main page