Bagby Hot Springs Trail #544

Bagby Hot Springs Trail #544

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.82620°N / 122.138°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the Getting There section of the main page for directions. Watch closely for the unmarked trail on the right at about .3 miles on the last road.

Route Description

This route climbs through forest in a general northwest direction. For the first mile and a half or so you will hike past old growth trees and many small shallow ponds. Watch for snakes and newts and lizards on the trail as I saw all 3. Also grouse like to hang out along the trail and scare the daylights out of you as you surprise them and they scatter.

You will come to a junction just after the second significant talus field you cross. To the left is a switchback with a sign for the Battle Ax Trail. Hang a left here and it follows the ridge up with a few switchbacks before the final ridge to the summit.

Note: If you are coming down this trail from the summit, at this junction you will notice there is no Bagby Hot Springs Trail sign but there is a small wooden sign with 544 posted on it a few yards east on the trail.

Essential Gear

None needed.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Battle AxRoutes