Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Elizabeth Riggin

Elizabeth Riggin - Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm - Voted 6/10

Nice area...

I enjoyed your Bat Cave Mountain report....take care!
Liz

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Oct 22, 2008 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice area...

Thanks, Liz, very much. I intend to write up a trip report for the entire weekend, which was with Boy Scouts. It will include waking up to a couple dozen bison surrounding the campsite, and a night a listening to the call of wapiti. This is definitely a special place in Oklahoma. --mark d.

splandswest

splandswest - Nov 6, 2008 5:28 pm - Voted 9/10

Thanks for the Page

Mark, The Bat Cave Mountain page was really needed. When I did the Bat Cave Peak page I was torn between which mountain to emphasis. I felt like BCPeak was so visible and yet it was not addressed on SP. Now we have both. Thanks, Splandswest.
By the way, how did you come up with the 1855 ft? I tried my best to get an accurate reading from trails.com.

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Nov 6, 2008 6:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks for the Page

Thanks, Splandswest. Judging by your separate communications, I think you figured out that I got the 1855 feet from the map sold at the visitor's center. BTW: I've annotated a copy of your photo of Bat Cave Mountain with the route we took. Would you mind my uploading and using (with proper credit to you) that image? Hike on! --mark d.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Bat Cave Mountain' main page