Bernalina

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 20.72000°N / 99.9°W
Additional Information Route Type: Multi-pitch sports climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The trail that makes you approach to the base of the peña is the one that gets you to la Bernalina.
By viewing the peña in front of you from Bernal. The route is on the left side of the peña.
It is a 7 pitch route protected with bolts.

Route Description


1: Degree: 5.8 number of bolts: 9 Height to pitch: 50m(165ft)
2: Degree:5.9 number of bolts: 9 Height to pitch: 50m(165ft)
3: Degree: 5.5 number of bolts: 3 Height to pitch: 50m(165ft)
4: Degree: 5.8 number of bolts: 2 Height to pitch: 25m(80ft)
5: Degree: 5.1 Height to pitch: 30m(100ft)
6: Degree: 5.7 number of bolts: 8 Height to pitch: 50m(165ft)
7: Degree: 5.5 Height to pitch: 10m(35ft)

Essential Gear


Two 60 meters rope are needed for a long rappel to get off the Peña!
Some quickdraws (about 12), tubular webbing, belay device, harness, etc.. All needed for a sports climbing multipitch route.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
sonso45

sonso45 - Mar 27, 2008 7:56 pm - Voted 7/10

bernalina 5.8

This route is marked by red hangars at the start and is very featured with great belays. Some loose rock at the end of the 3rd pitch when you reach a large ledge. Scramble up and left to more large ledges and the top. You walk NE to a lower point on the summit, following indistinct trail to the rap bolts; just below is the via ferrata, I descended using the iron rungs which have been updated since my ascent in 3/08.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.