Beskid Zywiecki-Polish mountains

Beskid Zywiecki-Polish mountains

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery
Beskid Zywiecki Mountains are the part of Karpathian Mountains. Long and divided into some subgroups they belongs to the heighest mountains in Poland.The heighest mountain Of Beskid Zywiecki is two-summits Babia Góra.The higher one -Diablak 1725m/5660 ft and the lower one Cyl-1515m/4971ft
Because of its domination in the vicinity Babia góra is being under strong impact of weather condition.It is covered with snow by the end of May.Here You can face fierce gusts and storms in Summer and blizzards in Winter. Some tourists and skiers left here their life.
The summits are grassy ,partly craggy and partly covered with mountain dwarf pine.
Babia góra is often called as the Qeen of Beskidy.
Probably here is the best place in Poland for watching wonderful sunrises and sunsets.And that is why it is visited a lot .The best starting point to climb Babia Góra is Zawoja village(the largest village in Poland)There are some easy marked routes to the top.You can easily reach the summit Babia Góra just from the parking lot on the Krowiarki pass(Lipnicka Pass) only 2.5 hours. Below the summit there is a mountain hut now being rebuilt(Markowe szczawiny).There is boundary between Slovakia and Poland along the ridge and so Babia Góra is accesible from Slovakia side too.
Other high Mountains in Beskid Zywiecki are Pilsko ,Polica ,Jalowiec.
Beskid Zywiecki is thickly forested and there are numerous summer and winter resorts located in the valleys.
Warmly welcome to Beskid Zywiecki

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.