Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Jul 26, 2009 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Page Dean

Great page as always.

JasonH

JasonH - Jul 26, 2009 12:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page Dean

I like the personal touches you do. It's kind like a trip report within a mountain page.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Jul 26, 2009 5:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Nice!

Great page as usual Dean. You might want to attach the Salmon River Mountains as this page's parent since Big Baldy is in that range.

Tracy

Tracy - Jul 26, 2009 6:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent page

Dean,
I read this one with great interest due to plans I had earlier this year to hike this one. Unfortunately those plans got put on hold due to my river-running buddies and I not obtaining a lottery permit to run the Middle Fork of the the Salmon river. A friend and I had the schedule all worked out - we were to hike the Garden Creek Trail up and back as a day hike. The trailhead was just downstream from Pistol Creek ranch.

Some may call that cheating because it turns a 32-mile RT hike into a 14-mile RT hike with a lot less overall elevation gain.

I haven't given up on the idea...there's always next season or the season after that.

Dean

Dean - Jul 26, 2009 7:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page

I wouldn't call it cheating, no siree bub. If you do this one by that trail, I hope you'll post the route and the pics, it'd be a great addition to this page. I'd also like to find out more about the Indian Creek trail that comes up from the Indian Creek guard station. Someone who might look at this page might be able to add that information.

Tracy

Tracy - Sep 8, 2010 9:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent page

Well Dean,
This year we were succesful in getting a permit to run the Middle Fork again; and, despite my best lobbying efforts amongst our group and it's leaders, I was not able to schedule a hike of Big Baldy into the itinerary. However, we did stop at the Indian Creek airstrip and guard station to arrange for Jim, a member of our group, to be flown out to Idaho Falls (he was having serious chest pains)and during our wait I had a chance to talk to the ranger on duty about the Garden Creek trail up to the top of Baldy. She informed me that the trail had just been cleared by trail crews earlier this season and it is a beautiful hike and she's done it more than once.
Oh, and Jim turned out to be OK.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Aug 2, 2009 2:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Never get tired....

...of reading your accounts Dean. Outstanding job as always. Cheers, Martin

imontop

imontop - Aug 3, 2009 1:50 am - Voted 10/10

You get around!

Great page my man!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Big Baldy (ID)' main page