Blauspitze Normal route

Blauspitze Normal route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.01660°N / 12.60000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

You can go to the summit of the blauspitze by a hiking route. This is a very nice trip with great views around over the Schrober-, Grossglockner-, Venediger- and Granatspitzegroup. On easy days you can meet al kinds of mountain wildlife. The route go's over the Weisser and the Blauer Knopf, two rockhumps on the ridge to the Blauspitze. Notice that the Blauer Knopf is a few meters higher then the Blauspitze ;)

Getting There

You get to Kals via the Felbertauern-Road:
- from north via Kitzbühel - Mittersill - Matrei (Matrei in Osttirol, n o t Matrei am Brenner!). There is a fee of € 10,00 for crossing the Felbertauern tunnel

From Huben a road leads to Kals.

You can get there very good by bus, From Kitzbuhel if you come by train , you change bus in Matrei.


From the city of Kals am Grossglockner you can walk op to or using the cable car to Restaurant blauspitze. Using the cablecar wil make a difference of a 2 hours.

From the restaurant you go up the hikingpath south of the restaurant were the normal route starts.

Route Description

The start of the route go's up over a easy path. This path is nice to walk. You follow the path to the weisser Knopf. This is a big rock. You can just pas it, you dont need it to go to the blauspitze, but you can easy walk up to the top of it for the view. From here the paths is going to be more rought with some stairs and steel cables but it is stil a hiking path. The path is now going up the Blauer Knopf, 2593m. This is rocky summit and you have to go across it to go to the Blauspitze. Down from this Blauer Knopf the path follows the ridge between the Blauer Knopf and the Blauspitze. Then it is just going up to the summitcross. You can follow the same way back. There is also a way back on the other side of the Blauspitze, this go's around it back to the restaurant.

Essential Gear

For gear you need good mountain shoes. The route is very rocky so dont use to light shoes. Take rainclothes and anought food and drink for a daytrip. Its a hikingroute but u are stil in alpinterrain.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.