Blowout Pass

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.48300°N / 106.433°W
Additional Information Route Type: A Road Walk.
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From Blowout Pass, start walking up Forest Road 700. The 12,292' Sheep Mountain is directly above you here. You will climb around to the north slopes of Sheep Mountain, then descend slightly to an 11,920’ saddle between Sheep Mountain and Bennett Peak. There is a road junction here. Take the left junction, and start climbing up Forest Road 850 as it heads up the gentle, grassy slopes of Bennett Peak. Continue up the road as it first heads north, then turns west towards the summit. The road is fairly steep in one section, but moderates as you approach the top. Make the final push to the broad summit, where you can enjoys the views. A large rock cairn marks the true highpoint.


Hiking Distance: About 6 miles round trip from Blowout Pass.
Elevation Gain: About 1,600' from Blowout Pass.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.