Blue Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 13, 2006 2:00 pm - Voted 9/10

Good start, but...

The page needs work with two areas.

1) Add the topo marks. I have provided them in my Additions/Corrections comment

2) The "External Links" Section is sitting in the middle of the page. That looks bad. Either delete the section or add some links about the Adirondaks. Look at the other Adirondak pages for this if you want.

I think this page will be a 10/10. This a really interesting mountain and I am glad you posted it. I hope you can follow these changes and the page will be something we all will be proud of!

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 14, 2006 2:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good start, but...

Thank you for your advice. This is my first page. I made some initial quick changes based on your advice and will spruce the page up more in the future. 6/10, though? Dude! Crushing my ego... Ah well, someone needed to do it;) Seriously though, I appreciate the advice. (As an addendum, thanks to hgrapid for later revoting :)

Aeldrin

Aeldrin - Jul 14, 2006 4:00 am - Voted 10/10

::laughs::

Everyone's first mountain page is a learning curve. :-)

People here on the whole are really helpful, however, and want to make to your page better, and want to help you do that.

Nice job!

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 14, 2006 9:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: ::laughs::

Thank you, and yes, in the month since I registered on SP, I have found that the vast majority of users are awesome folks.

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 14, 2006 9:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: good start

Thank you... When I have a minute I'll do so. I appreciate the input!

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 14, 2006 10:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: good start

I have made some more changes, including following your advice about the pictures. Thanks again :)

2skinners - Jul 15, 2006 12:39 pm - Voted 9/10

Pretty Good

A good start for a first page and welcome

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 15, 2006 4:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Pretty Good

Thank you much!

The Ogre

The Ogre - Jul 18, 2006 2:50 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page

Thank you, I'll fix that right away. Also adding some other stuff to the page. When I hiked it, it felt like 2,000;) I am just totally lazy; I thought it was 2000' but was just too much of a bum to look it up in the multiple guidebooks I have. Thanks for the correction!

CRiedel2

CRiedel2 - Jul 25, 2006 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Page :)

I was going to do a page on this mountain :) Hiked it on July 18, 2006. Looks like you've done a pretty good job for a first page! I'll let you know any other information I have. I picked up one of the pamphlets at the register just inside the trail too. Oh! Don't forget to sign your own climber's log :)

The Ogre

The Ogre - Aug 1, 2006 1:19 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Page :)

Thanks for the kind words. Anything you think I should add, just let me know. And thanks for the reminder about the climber's log, I know... actually there's a bunch of them I need to do, so I'm doing a couple each time I'm online :)

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - Aug 14, 2006 4:29 pm - Voted 9/10

Constructive Criticism

Nice page, but I have a couple of comments. Yeah, I'm being anal, but since this is your first page, you'll have to suffer like the rest of us did :-)

Please provide links to the Adirondack Museum and Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks.
Since Blue Mtn isn't within the Eastern High Peaks, please don't mention them... it is confusing
You may want to mention that blackfly season runs from Memorial Day to Independence Day
Bears aren't the only "problem". Even if there isn't a bear around, and you don't properly hang your food, the raccoons, ermines, fishers, etc. will get your food.

The Ogre

The Ogre - Aug 14, 2006 11:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Constructive Criticism

Thanks for the feedback! I may not get to that stuff soon, as I am soon heading out of town (to the Dacks, actually...) I will follow your advice, though, as soon as I have time. Thanks again, WWB.
Aside: next week I am planning to attempt to break Tim Seaver's N-P Trail record (122 mi., 37.5 hours). Wish me luck!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Aug 4, 2008 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice page and

beautiful area. During the late 1970s, I lived in the concrete
jungle of NYC. I didn't have transportation at that time. Since
then, my uncle moved to Easton, MD, so I still need to visit
that area in the future. Autumn would be an excellent time! -Larry

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Blue Mountain' main page