Blue Mountain Comments

hgrapidGood start, but...

hgrapid

The page needs work with two areas.

1) Add the topo marks. I have provided them in my Additions/Corrections comment

2) The "External Links" Section is sitting in the middle of the page. That looks bad. Either delete the section or add some links about the Adirondaks. Look at the other Adirondak pages for this if you want.

I think this page will be a 10/10. This a really interesting mountain and I am glad you posted it. I hope you can follow these changes and the page will be something we all will be proud of!
Posted Jul 13, 2006 2:00 pm

The OgreRe: Good start, but...

The Ogre

Thank you for your advice. This is my first page. I made some initial quick changes based on your advice and will spruce the page up more in the future. 6/10, though? Dude! Crushing my ego... Ah well, someone needed to do it;) Seriously though, I appreciate the advice. (As an addendum, thanks to hgrapid for later revoting :)
Posted Jul 14, 2006 2:33 am

Aeldrin::laughs::

Aeldrin

Everyone's first mountain page is a learning curve. :-)

People here on the whole are really helpful, however, and want to make to your page better, and want to help you do that.

Nice job!
Posted Jul 14, 2006 4:00 am

The OgreRe: ::laughs::

The Ogre

Thank you, and yes, in the month since I registered on SP, I have found that the vast majority of users are awesome folks.
Posted Jul 14, 2006 9:20 pm

The OgreRe: good start

The Ogre

Thank you... When I have a minute I'll do so. I appreciate the input!
Posted Jul 14, 2006 9:53 pm

The OgreRe: good start

The Ogre

I have made some more changes, including following your advice about the pictures. Thanks again :)
Posted Jul 14, 2006 10:38 pm

2skinnersPretty Good

2skinners

A good start for a first page and welcome
Posted Jul 15, 2006 12:39 pm

The OgreRe: Pretty Good

The Ogre

Thank you much!
Posted Jul 15, 2006 4:09 pm

The OgreRe: Nice page

The Ogre

Thank you, I'll fix that right away. Also adding some other stuff to the page. When I hiked it, it felt like 2,000;) I am just totally lazy; I thought it was 2000' but was just too much of a bum to look it up in the multiple guidebooks I have. Thanks for the correction!
Posted Jul 18, 2006 2:50 am

CRiedel2Nice Page :)

CRiedel2

I was going to do a page on this mountain :) Hiked it on July 18, 2006. Looks like you've done a pretty good job for a first page! I'll let you know any other information I have. I picked up one of the pamphlets at the register just inside the trail too. Oh! Don't forget to sign your own climber's log :)
Posted Jul 25, 2006 4:55 pm

The OgreRe: Nice Page :)

The Ogre

Thanks for the kind words. Anything you think I should add, just let me know. And thanks for the reminder about the climber's log, I know... actually there's a bunch of them I need to do, so I'm doing a couple each time I'm online :)
Posted Aug 1, 2006 1:19 am

WalksWithBlackfliesConstructive Criticism

WalksWithBlackflies

Nice page, but I have a couple of comments. Yeah, I'm being anal, but since this is your first page, you'll have to suffer like the rest of us did :-)

Please provide links to the Adirondack Museum and Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks.
Since Blue Mtn isn't within the Eastern High Peaks, please don't mention them... it is confusing
You may want to mention that blackfly season runs from Memorial Day to Independence Day
Bears aren't the only "problem". Even if there isn't a bear around, and you don't properly hang your food, the raccoons, ermines, fishers, etc. will get your food.
Posted Aug 14, 2006 4:29 pm

The OgreRe: Constructive Criticism

The Ogre

Thanks for the feedback! I may not get to that stuff soon, as I am soon heading out of town (to the Dacks, actually...) I will follow your advice, though, as soon as I have time. Thanks again, WWB.
Aside: next week I am planning to attempt to break Tim Seaver's N-P Trail record (122 mi., 37.5 hours). Wish me luck!
Posted Aug 14, 2006 11:49 pm

lcarreauNice page and

lcarreau

beautiful area. During the late 1970s, I lived in the concrete
jungle of NYC. I didn't have transportation at that time. Since
then, my uncle moved to Easton, MD, so I still need to visit
that area in the future. Autumn would be an excellent time! -Larry
Posted Aug 4, 2008 4:38 pm