Viewing: 1-8 of 8
desainme

desainme - Jan 14, 2008 12:12 pm - Voted 10/10

You might include

a couple of more photos, for instance from lakes Onawa or Sebec?

nartreb

nartreb - Jan 21, 2008 5:06 pm - Voted 9/10

just needs some finishing touches

The essentials are here: what, where, why, and how to get up. Some very nice photos too.
Please break the first section into multiple paragraphs for easier legibility/skimming. You might even make the discussion of the trails into a separate "chapter".
I'm also not a big fan of multiple biggish photos in a row (your last section), see if you can choose just one or two photos to show at that size.

TMF

TMF - Jan 21, 2008 8:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: just needs some finishing touches

ya i tried to break up the first section, and added a trail condition section like you had suggested, but i could not figure out how to group all my images into the "image" section located at the bottom of the page, so instead i made all the pictures under the "sights" section smaller...

nartreb

nartreb - Jan 21, 2008 9:03 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: just needs some finishing touches

The "Images" thumbnails are created automatically when you Attach images to the page. (Add Images - Attach Existing in upper left margin of the mountain page, or Attach/Detach in yellow "editor's bar" at top of image page.)

injektilo

injektilo - Jan 21, 2008 8:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Boarstone or Borestone

You've got some really nice photos here. Solid info too. You may want to note in the text that the name of the mountain is spelled both Borestone and Boarstone depending on where you look. I think some USGS maps typically spell it how you have it. If you go to the Audubon website, they have it spelled Borestone. Regardless, it looks like a cool hike that I've wanted to check out for some time now... hopefully this summer.

TMF

TMF - Jan 21, 2008 10:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Boarstone or Borestone

ya ive talked to some employees of the audobon and from what ive gathered, the original spelling was lost in translation so to speak at some point where the property was juggled around between civilian and organizational ownership, and the name was changed when given to the audobon, possibly because of the hog like implicatoins of the word "Boar". Now again this is just hearsay, but i do know the orignal spelling of the mountain to be Boarstone, which is what i prefer to use...

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 21, 2008 2:10 pm - Voted 10/10

You are doing

GREAT on your images and pages! I knew there was an Audobon
group up there, but I didn't know you had Turkey Vultures as
part-time residents. In the winter, they all gather down in
Central America and/or South America. If I had wings, that's
where I would go (during) the winter!!!
- Larry

TMF

TMF - Feb 21, 2008 3:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You are doing

thanks again, cheers

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Boarstone Mountain Sanctuary (Borestone)' main page