Bojin Kuk from Veliko Rujno

Bojin Kuk from Veliko Rujno

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.34280°N / 15.40830°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up, summit climb I-II on UIAA scale
Sign the Climber's Log

About Route


Two marked paths are approaching Bojinac group from Veliko Rujno. On via Veliki Dolac the other via Liskovi Dolac. 1st one is better for ascent while 2nd one for descent in any combination. Because of that I’ll describe Veliki Dolac route in ascending direction while Liskovi Dolac route in descending direction. So, if you are visiting Bojin Kuk from Veliko Rujno and returning to Veliko Rujno do it like that.

If you are visiting Bojinac from Veliko Rujno but descending towards coast do the same circle, up via Veliki Dolac, down via Liskovi Dolac. From it you’ll turn right and return to Milovac route by the cave refuge.

If you are visiting Bojinac from the coast use Milovac route to ascent and the one via Liskovi Dolac to descent to Veliko Rujno. From there to the coast you’ll use Veliko Rujno from Milovac route. This is most beautiful combination to get to know Bojinac group and climb Bojin Kuk.

Veliko Rujno – Veliki Dolac – Cave refuge: 1.15h


Two marked paths are approaching Bojinac group from Veliko Rujno. On via Veliki Dolac the other via Liskovi Dolac. 1st one is better for ascent while 2nd one for descent in any combination. Because of that I’ll describe Veliki Dolac route in ascending direction while Liskovi Dolac route in descending direction. So, if you are visiting Bojin Kuk from Veliko Rujno and returning to Veliko Rujno do it like that.

If you are visiting Bojinac from Veliko Rujno but descending towards coast do the same circle, up via Veliki Dolac, down via Liskovi Dolac. From it you’ll turn right and return to Milovac route by the cave refuge.

If you are visiting Bojinac from the coast use Milovac route to ascent and the one via Liskovi Dolac to descent to Veliko Rujno. From there to the coast you’ll use Veliko Rujno from Milovac route. This is most beautiful combination to get to know Bojinac group and climb Bojin Kuk.

Veliko Rujno – Veliki Dolac – Cave refuge: 1.15h
From the church on Veliko Rujno head towards SE (Paklenica and Milovac direction). After 5-10mins you reach first junction where is left towards Paklenica area or Struge. Continue straight. In next few minutes you’ll reach another junction where is straight towards Milovac while you turn right towards Bojinac.

Path heads over the meadows and through beech groves towards Bojinac group and reaches its slopes in 15mins. In next 15-20mins it climbs steeply over a rocky terrain till it reaches pass on the ridge above Veliko Rujno and enters large Veliki Dolac meadow. Across it is another 15mins Cave refuge.

Towards right is 20-30mins till the junction at Liskovi Dolac. From cave turn left and descent 5mins to the junction where you’ll join Milovac route which there turns right in ‘Zliba’ direction. For further going read description of that route. From this point it is additional 40min to the summit which makes it around 2h from Veliko Rujno.

Bojin Kuk – Liskovi Dolac – Veliko Rujno: 1.40h


From the summit return the pass between main and neighboring head. Left is the tougher route which you used for ascent. Now continue straight to the panoramic spot where path begins to descent through the steep gully. After some 20mins of steep descending over boulders and rocks marks reach flatter terrain. This section has beautiful views towards NW. In next couple of minutes you’ll pass by deep black hole which is quite deep so be careful. Over the rocks, grass and around rare beech trees in next 10mins path reaches beautiful Gornji Veliki Dolac meadow. This is very beautiful spot as around the meadow are large beech trees with sharp white cliffs in the background of it all. Here is junction where from left comes the path which descended from panoramic spot where tougher climb towards Bojin Kuk begins and is part of Bojin Kuk circle which we joined again. Those that don’t like climbing will ascent Bojin Kuk from here via easier route that we just used to descent from summit.

On the junction turn right. Path goes over the meadows and through beech groves while all around are white cliffs and towers. This is very beautiful section. After 5mins path turns right and begins to ascent towards the natural door between the cliffs which you reach in another 5mins. Beautiful view open from here towards Rujno and peaks behind it. At the back small corner of Velebit channel is visible while across Ravni Kotari county you can see islands of Zadar archipelagos. Around the pass are nice white cliffs and towers.

From there path begins to descent over rocky terrain towards the junction in Liskovi Dolac which you reach in 10mins. Here is right some 20-30mins to the Cave refuge where Bojin Kuk circle ends (or begins). You turn left and head across the meadow and through rare pines till you reach beech forest on the other side of the meadow. After few minutes you’ll reach the small pass on the ridge of Bojinac group which falls steeply towards Rujno. Fantastic view opens from this spot. On the other side of Rujno is mighty Viserujna (1632m) in all its beauty, 10mins from the junction.

After 10mins of steep descent through beech forest you reach the edge of Veliko Rujno plateau, its meadows and pine groves. Close to the bottom of descent path gradually turns right. Be extra careful here not to lost the marks which are not easy to follow.

In next 20mins path goes over meadows and rocky fences, by the lonely beech trees or through small groves till it reaches larger open space (flat field) where it turns left straight to the church in the middle of Veliko Rujno.

If you loose marks at the bottom of the descent or little bit later walk parallel with the slope of Bojinac group some 15mins and than turn sharply left over the Veliko Rujno. Orientation is pass on the ridge of Viserujna which splits it in two.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bojin KukRoutes