Bolan Lake Campground

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 42.01840°N / 123.4545°W
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 5500 ft / 1676 m

Overview

BOLAN MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT COMING SOON!!

Bolan Lake Campground is situated at the base of Bolan Mountain and is a good starting off point for the Bolan Lake Trail which will take you to the summit of Bolan Mountain.

Getting There

To get to Bolan Mountain, take Highway 199 south of Grants Pass, OR or Highway 199 north of Crescent City, CA. Seven miles south of Cave Junction you will want to turn east onto Waldo Rd. Follow this road for 5 miles until you reach a stop sign located at an intersection. Continue straight onto Happy Camp Rd for another 12.5 miles. You will reach the crest of the hill and will see a Bolan Lake Campground sign. Follow this road that is off to your left. It will be Road 4812. At this point it would be a good idea to set your trip odometer to keep track of miles driven. Follow Road 4812 for 1.8 miles, there will be a couple of roads veering off along the way, but stay on the main road. When you reach the 1.8 mile mark you will want to stay to the right side of the road which goes slightly downhill. Drive for another 2.4 miles until you reach another intersection that will have a sign pointing you to Bolan Lake Campground. Follow this road for another 1.8 miles to the terminus at the campground.



Bolan Lake from Bolan...Bolan Lake from the campground

Red Tape/Fees/Amenities

Campsites Available - 12
Fees - None
Reservations - First come basis
Maximum Stay - 14 days
Restroom Facilities - Vault toilet
Availability - Summer months. I believe this is mostly due to accessibility issues. Please call the Ranger Station if planning to stay during any other season.

Contact Information

Illinois Valley Ranger District
26568 Redwood Hwy
Cave Junction, OR 97523
Phone:(541) 592-4000

Weather Conditions

SNOW CONDITIONS

OR CALL - (541)592-4000




600x400
Click the Satellite picture for a video loop of current weather

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Siskiyou MountainsHuts & Campgrounds
 
Bolan MountainHuts & Campgrounds
 
Bolan Lake Trail 1245Huts & Campgrounds