Bombs Under Tokyo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.88030°N / 119.4124°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.12 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 5
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rebolted crux pitch of what was thought to be Bombs Over Tokyo, but apparently is a lower variation than the original, the original is shown as the aid variation in the guide.

Getting There

Left of West Crack, just before Cooke Book

Route Description

P1: really classic crack that thins down up high to rap anchors, .10c.
P2: short, crumbly .11d R slab with micro nuts to a pin, then up onto an easy slab to another fixed anchor.
P3: the business- follow the new bolts right around the corner, and continue on breaking flakes, to more trickery at the lip of the roof before heading up to more fixed anchors. Friend did the moves, I did all but 2 short sections following to avoid pendulums over the lip, probably .12+, but holds were breaking.
P4: .10+ face climbing up knobs, really good, up to ledge.
P5: .7 or something easy to the top past more bolts.

Essential Gear

set of cams to hand size, maybe doubles in the smaller sizes, micro nuts, and draws.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Daff DomeRoutes