Borówczane Skały

Borówczane Skały

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

 

Borówczane Skały (Blueberry Rocks) is a group of rock formations at approximately 1010–1070m about 800m NNE of the Pod Łabskim Szczytem mountain hut, just outside the national park. There is no waymarked trail to the rocks. The best access point (year 2023) is the junction of the black and red trails northeast of the hut, right on the boundary of the park. From that spot a path runs along the park boundary to the NNW. After about 300m, where the path (and the boundary) takes a sharp bend left, the tops of the rocks show through the trees (about 50m away) and another, narrower and fainter path leads to them.  

Borówczane Skały is made up of three parts. Its core is an amazingly (a couple of hudred metres) long chain of rocks that climbs the long northern slope of the Giant Mountains’ main ridge in the SSE direction. This rock caravan has an extraordinary leader with an enormous beak/nose. A few dozen metres west of it sits a separate, bulky, at least 12m tall rock formation that seems to be the tallest of all in the group and has a fine east face. (The rocks are not very popular with rock climbers but some do come here.) The third, smallest piece of Borówczane Skały, divided from the main chain of rocks by a spruce thicket, is their southeast outlier, whose summit is the highpoint of the rock group.

External Links

Rock climbing routes

The rock star


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.