Britton Hill Comments

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Nice! First mountain for Florida (the only other one I can think of is Space Mountain). Perhaps you should group Britton with the other state highpoints.
Posted Apr 7, 2004 11:29 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Info is good, but I think I would rather see mountains that you have to walk to submitted.
Posted Apr 9, 2004 10:27 am

Bob BurdUntitled Comment

Bob Burd

Thanks for adding the State HPs in the face of adversity. I don't care what others may think - highpointing is fun. Think I'll go add another county highpoint. :-)
Posted Jun 8, 2004 11:26 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks for the vote!
Posted Feb 8, 2005 10:14 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks for the support. I recognize this place isn't exactly Mount Everest, but it is a special "summit" that has many visitors each year. Being that there are only 50 highpoints, and only 9 flat ones (8 on SP), I think SP can handle them.
Posted Jun 16, 2005 4:38 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

You mean Florida has a high point?? The air must be pretty thin up there on top of Britton Hill. Seriously, thanks for adding it to SP. It belongs, the only "mountain of Florida".
Posted Jul 4, 2005 8:11 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks!
Posted Jul 4, 2005 10:12 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Really? But you are from Sweden, why go here?
Posted Sep 15, 2005 8:04 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Good page. I caught a lot of flak for posting the final highpoint in the U.S. A few one star votes because people didn't feel they belong. But as popular as highpointing is, I think they all should have a spot on this site. Well done.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 6:05 am

tarolGood page

tarol

If I had realized I was so close I would've driven over there! As it is I only made it to 324' :p I explored nearby Falling Waters State Park where the tallest waterfall in Florida is and the highest elevation campground in the state at 324 feet, lol. Also hiked to Rattlesnake Lake on the Florida Trail and kayaked Econfina Creek. Not too far away are Wakulla Springs and Torreya State Park. This part of Florida isn't well-known but has many hidden treasures and is worth a visit...
Posted Oct 20, 2006 4:24 pm

JohnMcPikeComing from the south

JohnMcPike

As you approach Britton HIll from the south, there is a vantage point where you see the road going up over the hill. To the left is a good picture of Britton Hill to be had. Unfortunately - my one picture I took from there came out fuzzy but wanted to mention it for those folks that like to take pictures of hps from a distance.
Posted Aug 1, 2008 9:12 pm

ChuckyNice page

Chucky

A peak is a peak and it cannot help it that tectonic plates never got it as high as Everest. Never-the-less, in the spirit of humor, "How does one deal with the acute mountain sickness there? "Are ice axes recommended?"
Posted Feb 12, 2010 10:10 am

monealIt's not on US-331

moneal

Maybe it's obvious, but the high point is not on US-331, it's on Hwy 285 less than 1 mile south of the FL-Al line
Posted May 29, 2014 10:00 am