Bryce on a Snowy Day

Bryce on a Snowy Day

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking
It was snowing the evening we arrived in Bryce. In the morning we got up to find it had stopped snowing, so we went ahead with our plans for hiking - Peekabo Loop and the Navaho Trail. Howver, I almost bailed after the first switchback on the trail into the canyon. The trail was very icy, and where it was not icy, very muddy. My boots were covered with three inches of red mud and I had no traction. I felt a bit like I was going to fall down the switchbacks to my death. At the very least, I was not enjoying myself. I decided to go a bit further and after a few more switchbacks, the conditions were a lot better. The trail was still icy in shady spots and muddy in other areas, but not scary.

It turned out to be a beautiful day. It started to snow again as we hiked out of the canyon. These are some of the pictures I took.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.