Bucura gate

Bucura gate

19.08.2007
HansG
on Feb 2, 2009 3:55 pm
Image ID: 485619

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
yatsek

yatsek - Feb 13, 2009 6:33 am - Voted 10/10

Why so few

pix of the Retezat - poor weather or too short a trip?

HansG

HansG - Feb 15, 2009 9:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Why so few

we had bad weather and short trip - only 4 days in Retezat.

yatsek

yatsek - Feb 15, 2009 11:17 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Why so few

This reminds me of my first visit to the Paring. Just 3-4 days and views only to the south, so I returned the following year:-)

HansG

HansG - Feb 15, 2009 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why so few

Paring, i think, is more wild than retezat. In Retezat, i was because i found on SP photo of Lacul Bucura and i spoke, that "i have to sleep near this lake". Now i think about Prokletije or Parang mountains.

yatsek

yatsek - Feb 15, 2009 5:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Why so few

I think you're mistaken. The Paring/Parang Mts are pretty small, the West is very near the city, the W and part of the S are actually ski resorts. The (small) area N of the highest peaks is the most interesting. If the Retezat Mts aren't that wild any longer, you should look west of'em, or east of the Paring. I'd hurry to the mts of Montenegro/Albania/Bosnia before they become another Tatras/Retezat. I'm actually thinking of this myself but my health's a big question mark. When I was in my 20's I decided to see Romania and Bulgaria first and leave Slovakia for later, when the lands farther away got harder for me to reach. That was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In recent years, I've been to Slovakia virtually every summer:-)

HansG

HansG - Feb 16, 2009 2:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Why so few

In Fagaras are so many people like in Polish Tatra, if Parang mts are the same, i don't want to go to this place:)I have seen Your photos when You was 20's, i think, that we have see two another mountains in Retezat:)

yatsek

yatsek - Feb 16, 2009 5:27 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Why so few

You might be right - that's why I'd (like to) go to the Prokletije ASAP:)

peterbud

peterbud - Mar 22, 2009 11:15 am - Hasn't voted

Peleaga?

This is rather the Bucura gate (Poarta Bucurei), with Turnu Portii and Judele on the left.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8