Cabezon Peak Comments

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Hey....let's do this when we do Sierra Blanca.
Posted May 4, 2004 8:27 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

May 4, 2005: Not a bad start to such an obscure peak. A geology section would be interesting reading and would fill it up a bit. A couple of things: Under red tape you may want to put the BLM or Indian reservation contact information. What about "Camping?" Is there any camping nearby? Is there a map available for the area?

The "Getting There" section is very good and thorough. Your route description is excellent. Pretty good page. I look forward to updating my vote.

Edit - May 5, 2005: Very good info on an outstanding page. Thanks to your submission, ATTM and I may climb it next month.

Posted May 4, 2004 8:23 am

bc44caesarUntitled Comment

bc44caesar

I appreciate the comments - I actually had planned on adding more sections but ran out of time when I first put it up. I just added the following tonight:

Geology Section

Camping Section (a little thin I must admit)

Other Recreation Opportunities Section

More Pictures!

If there is anything else you feel would help the page, please let me know!
Posted May 5, 2004 12:32 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Sorry I caught the page too early. What some people do is put a "Under Construction" note in the overview section which prevents voters from assuming the page is finished. Just an idea....

Anyway, the page looks great. Congratulations on your new child. I look forward to seeing future submissions to the site.

Alan
Posted May 5, 2004 8:12 pm

bc44caesarUntitled Comment

bc44caesar

Ah, and that is the whole point of this web site, right?
Posted May 6, 2004 12:02 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good page, nice work. I have some of the same comments as Alan. Some more images would be good if you have them. Cheers William
Posted May 4, 2004 9:06 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

nice page...
Posted May 4, 2004 5:46 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Very good page.
Posted May 5, 2004 6:19 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

You need to mention the elevation gain of the hike. Otherwise, good job...and I hope you have other New Mexico pages to put up.
Posted May 5, 2004 9:42 am

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Great page and good pix, thanks for posting this beauty! Cheers
Posted Sep 18, 2004 9:57 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

A very good page about a peak that looks really interesting. Those peaks in the middle of nowhere always attracts me.
Posted Apr 17, 2005 7:51 pm

damageIt's a great scramble

Nice to see this report up. I did the summit and the loop trail this fall(2009). I didn't have any directions for getting to the top, so the routefinding/exploring was a lot of fun and a bit sketchy for me, what with the slippery and crumbly exposure I ended up on. All in all, an excellent trip with a fantastic 360 view.
Posted Nov 24, 2009 6:58 pm

danon@cheerful.comIntensely fun; but easily dangerous

Got to be careful on this one. It's easy for the person above you to dislocate a medium or even large rock & have it tumble down at high velocity (that's the reason for the helmet recommendation). Easy to hike into a precarious situation - be smart.

I could not find the trail. Got past the mini crevasse, then a couple 100 yards; but kept running into sheer cliffs. The trail is well marked where it is obvious. There is no direction indication for where the trail goes next. Would be helpful to add some markers or paint to indicate the hard to find parts and indicate direction. Wish I had the "easy way" printout with me. Will try it again if I'm ever in the area.
Posted Jul 23, 2016 9:15 am