Viewing: 1-5 of 5
cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 16, 2007 10:24 am - Voted 10/10

Roughing it

Looks like a tough one...what, with all that sun and sparkling blue water, the margaritas, oh, and not to mention the mileage and elevation gain!

Good stuff.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Apr 16, 2007 1:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Yeah, don't even try without sunblock :)

Thanks for your comment cp0915! :) Gotta say that this knob is quite possibly a tougher challenge than the high point of the main island. And for our crew, it was made even harder by the fact that we had less than hour left to get up there and back and to have a dunk ... and that's after a good beating to the muscles from battling the current to reach the best snorkeling reefs, since the waves made us anchor the boat far in the protection of the island's west shore.

Yes, it sure made for a funny change of perspective, to fly off to the Caribbean the morning after this ski tour :)

cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Yeah, don't even try without sunblock :)

Sweet! Looks great.

CP

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Beach Hiking

You mean you actually submitted something without snow on it.

Are you sure you are feeling all right :)

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Apr 17, 2007 9:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: without snow

Doh, shouldav brought a few chunks of ice from the drinks cooler! Hindsight's 20/20. But I just thought I can't be totally dead serious about the nice stuff like snow all the time :)

Thanks for the vote MG, in the SP v1 I'd be very sheepish about my page, but v2 leaves room for more light-hearted stuff thank goodness.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Caja de Muertos' main page