Camel's Hump

Camel's Hump

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Camel Hump, VT - June 20 2011

I'm starting counting summits on June 20 2011. This is the first hike of the series. What a glorious beginning! Let's see how many I can collect in the next 12 months! :)

Camel's Hump is Vermont's third highest mountain (4,083 ft) and one of the oldest mountains on Earth! A BEAUTIFUL summit with great views and nice rock ledges at the top!

The access road was badly damaged by recent storms so we had a little extra hiking to do to the trail head. We went up Monroe Trail to Hut Clearing, a little busy and crowded on such a beautiful day but all worth it, as the views from the top were spectacular!

I loved the descent path we took towards the South over the summit to Alpine Trail, with the exposed rock, a little sense of adventure going down this way during a very windy afternoon. I LOVED standing at the top and leaning into the strong wind, closing my eyes and pretending I was flying... What a thrill!

This was my b-day present from my Love, who took about half the photos below, a great choice to celebrate an awesome age and the beginning of a new relationship!

After the hike, we spent the evening on Champlain Lake waiting for the sunset, and enjoying the show put on by a Mamma Mink busy carrying her baby Minks from one side of the shore to another, over the rocks. Quite the entertainment!


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.