Canal Roya

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.77610°N / 0.4593°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike / Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Take the trail at Km 670.7 of the road N-330 and hike to Cabaña de Lacuart (25 min), wich is placed on the other side of the Río de Canal Roya.

Cabaña de Lacuart (1.550 m)


It's a shack used by the herdsmen. The cabaña is in good condition and pertains to the Canfranc government. It has 5 places, table and chimney. In the neighbourhood of the shack there is a water source and firewood.

Route Description


Follow the trail (GR-11) NE-E (along El Mal Paso)-SE and S wards so it climbs La Rinconada and El Salto del Agua until reaching Majada de Anayet (3 h 45 min). Turn right (W) towards the summit passing Collado Rojo (2.440 m) to the base of the peak (NE), an 8 meter chimney that leads to a steep (from right to left) meadow until the flat top of Anayet (4 h 30 min). Be careful when using the cable between Collado Rojo and the base of the peak.

Essential Gear


Take crampons, ice axe and rope early in the season. A compass, altimeter and map would be very useful even in the summer months.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
eza

eza - Mar 9, 2004 8:32 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Parking lot by Casa Anglasé (just before Rioseta): 42º 46.38 N/ 00º 30.40 W (1376 meters high).
Cabaña de Lacuart: 42º 47.26 N/ 00º 28.52 W
Bridge over the Rio de Canal Roya: 42º 47.28 N /00º 29.02 W.
Ibones de Anayet: 42º 46.46 N/ 00º 27.03 W

eza

eza - Nov 3, 2004 9:18 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Accidents are occasionally reported at the Rinconada, just before reaching the plateau of the Ibones de Anayet. Be careful there when attempting this route if you find the place covered with snow. It's a north face and it might be icy.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AnayetRoutes