Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 48.13030°N / 121.67°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 1, 2005
I have always taken wonder to liberty mountain. Its pyramid shape and deep carved vallies make this peak an eye catcher. so in december my dad headed up to green mountain to access liberty peak. It turned out that beckys report was very out dated and the road had been washed out about 3 miles to canyon lake. we skinned the road on skis and made it to the lake encountering VERY VERY THINK BRUSH. It was terrible tromping on small cedar trees covered over with a blanket of snow. eventually we got a very good view of liberty and snaped plenty of shots. it was tough and time was running out so we turned back and baltled the brush once again returing to the washed out road and eventually the car. I will definatly try for this one again.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
osatrik

osatrik - Aug 26, 2006 6:01 am - Hasn't voted

Give Fred His Due!

You might want to correct the spelling of Fred Beckey's name -- there are two "e"s. I'm on a campaign to fix this througout Summitpost.org. Make the fix and let me know, and I'll increase my score on your page.
This reminds me of the time I was talking with a buddy on the trail about various climbs, sprinkling the conversation with references to "Beckey says this" and Beckey says that". A neophyte climber with us finally asked "Who is this Becky, and how come she knows so much about climbing?"

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Liberty MountainTrip Reports