Cap de Long

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.80264°N / 0.10295°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal route has trailhead in Cap de Long as a another peaks as Campbieil, Badet or Pic Long but the route is common only in 2/3 of the itinerary. It's possible with a little effort to conquer this peak in the return from the other summits to Cap de Long.

Time to summit: 2h

Getting There

See the main page to know the approach to Cap de Long.

Route Description

Pic Long and MaubicNormal route
Ridge North-East of MaubicRidge NE

You begin in the great parking of Cap de Long in the path in left side of the lake. The path make some zig-zags and zones of “up and down” to finally reach the end of the lake. The cairns turn to left in a little valley with the view of Campbieil (left) and the ridge Badet-Pic Long-Maubic-Ag.Tourrat (front).
Summit of Maubic and Pic LongSummit
Summit of MaubicSummit

You have two options after the crossing of the river:

a)it's possible to walk to right in bad terrain with a lot of stones in direction to peak Maubic and before the entry in the glacier of Pays Baché leave the route to right side to Maubic.

b)easier: in the good path of Campbieil, popular peak always with some person in the route. The path goes to direction to the col between Campbieil and Maou but you leave the route in the area that you can see the NE shoulder of Maubic. It's not always easy but if you don't see the access you can turn to right side across some blocks of stone to reach the long ramp that descent from the summit of Maubic.

With a little of patience is very easy to go up across the wide ridge NE of Maubic. In the last meters the ridge is narrow but easy (F).

Essential Gear

In the area of ascent to Maubic remain snow in may-june (crampons and ice-axe advisables) but in july and august don’t exist and you don't need nothing special.

External Links


Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MaubicRoutes