Celestino Lucianaz said Cétèun mythical SHEPHERD of "modzons" (steers) into Arbolle Valley (1899-1973)

Celestino Lucianaz said Cétèun mythical SHEPHERD of "modzons" (steers) into Arbolle Valley (1899-1973)

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Mixed

Arbole or Arbolle Overview Bucolic & Pastoral

Remained there with herd of cattle throughout Summer, up from when he was young. By first days of June to September 29, day of St. Michael, at "Desarpa", or down to the valley floor with cattle from the mountain pastures or arps. Going from Créton House to Reverier Pasture, was feeding the Vallon of Dard, reached Ponteilles with its waterfall and then with the latest twists came to Comboé, where a long plain accompanied him to the hut and stables now in the age-old ruins of the Grand Plan Alp, at the end of small valley. Here came the "fun" part: a deep gorge with a path that more closely that already creates problems to walk and moreover is somewhat exposed to the discharge of stones from the Trident of Comboé. And he had to climb upwards by pushing the animals. An exceptional Enterprise! But not for Céteun, because he always performed by reaching the Vallon of Arbole, which they eventually did become Arbolle after careful research in Common (but Celestine spoke Arbole with o more in evidence and a single L-shaped, always) with its stone shelter, the roof and the rickety door now completely detached from its hinges. Right there within walking distance from the lake, where this effluent through a small loop winding to its waters plunging to below Comboé, going past a high rock wall. Dangerous. And Céteun knew so much that had protected this great jump of stone walls that still exist. But, perhaps, because he had only strengthened the dangerous edge he had frightened his ancestors that here, told, once also brought cows and a little more towards the "Bassa" (Lower) of Garin also foals. Not those by inhabitants of Charvensod, like him, but those of Pollein so it is that the ruins were one called shelter of Modzons (steers) and the other just above the Pouleins, ie foals. And no one knows that the Municipality of Pollein takes its name from these his, so that on the title page of the Common there is a beautiful white colt and rampant. Maybe they think it is the symbol of Ferrari. But not Céteun, he rooted knew them well and had also seen the past floods that inundated the plain of Félenna, where we live today, which is nothing more than an expansion of the flood plain of the River Baltea which served to broaden the waters when came the floods. And even this Céteun knew this and was not surprised when the waters had flooded the country in 1957. He and his ancestors had built his home at 50 meters higher at the edge of the wood, the Créton. But even that, over time, had gone into disrepair with the roof that gave way more and more every day, but not at this point to make him afraid. He used to sleep well at Arbole upward, with a little straw over four tables and warming on cold nights 2500 metres crouching next to his mangy dog​​, older than him now that did not bark even more by releasing only guttural sounds from above that bristly beard that made him just wild. Like his master. But instead Céteun was a little generous man and when he saw us arrive youngsters always offered something of what little they had. A good warm milk, "Brossa" (fresh milk and worked as usual) and a slice of good and hot Polenta (a mixture of corn flour with water, the food of the poor all over the Alps and now great fashionable in restaurants). With the hail that emitted its rattling on the roof of the small plates distorted, which anticipated the entrance to the ruins, was the best restaurant in the world. I assure You ... Restava sù con la mandria di manzi l'Estate, sin da giovane. Dai primi giorni di Giugno fino al 29 Settembre, giorno di San Michele alla tradizionale "Desarpa", ovvero la discesa al fondovalle delle mandrie dagli alpeggi o arps. Saliva dal Créton ai pascoli di Reverier, imboccava il Vallone del Dard, raggiungeva l'Alpe di Ponteilles con la sua cascata e poi con gli ultimi tornanti arrivava al Comboé, dove una lunga pianura l'accompagnava alla baita ed alle stalle ormai in secolare rovina del Grand Plan, giù in fondo al vallone. Qui arrivava il bello, perché s'ergeva una gola profonda con un sentiero più che ristretto, già a piedi problematico ed inoltre alquanto esposto alle scariche di pietre dal Trident de Comboé. E lui doveva salirla spingendo sù gli animali. Un'impresa eccezzionale! Ma non pel Céteun, ché lui la eseguiva da sempre raggiungendo il Vallone dell'Arbole, che poi han fatto diventare Arbolle dopo accurate ricerche in Comune (ma Celestino pronunciava Arbole con la o più in evidenza ed una sola elle, da sempre) con la sua baracca in pietra, il tetto sgangherato e la porta ormai completamente distaccata dai cardini. Proprio lì a due passi dal lago, ove questo tramite un piccolo emissario, a forma di piccola ansa serpeggiante, concede alle sue acque di precipitare fin al sottostante Comboé, passando a fianco d'un'alta parete rocciosa. Pericolosa. E Céteun lo sapeva tant'é che aveva protetto questo grande salto con dei muretti di pietra, ancor oggidì esistenti. Ma, forse, li aveva soltanto rafforzati perché il pericoloso ciglio doveva aver già spaventato e creato qualche problema per i suoi antenati che qui, raccontava, una volta portavan anche le vacche ed un poco più avanti verso la Bassa di Garin pure i puledri. Non quelli degli abitanti di Charvensod, come lui, ma quelli di Pollein tanto ne é che son rimasti ruderi d'un chiamato rifugio des Modzons (dei manzi) appen sopra e l'altro dei Pouleins, cioé dei puledrini. E nessun sà che il Comune di Pollein prende il suo nome da questi, tanto che sul frontespizio troviamo un bel puledro bianco e rampante. Forse pensan sia il simbolo della Ferrari. Ma non Céteun, lui le sue radici le conosceva bene ed aveva visto anche le passate alluvioni inondanti la Piana di Félenna, dove oggi abitiamo, che altri non é che una golena d'espansione del Fiume Dora Baltea atta ad allargare l'acque quando arrivavan le piene. Ed anche questo Céteun lo sapeva bene e non si meravigliava quando le stesse nel 1957 avevano allagato il paese, come era già successo all'inizio Secolo e pur nell'800. Lui ed i suoi antenati la sua casa l'avevan costruita 50 metri più in alto, al limitar del bosco, al Créton. Ma anche questa, nel tempo, era andata in rovina con il tetto che ogni giorno cedeva sempre di più, ma non a tal punto da fargli paura. Era abituato a dormire così sù all'Arbole, con un poco di paglia sopra quattro tavole e scaldandosi nelle notti fredde dei 2500 metri accovacciandosi vicino al suo cane spelacchiato, vecchio più di lui che ormai non abbaiava neanche più rilasciando solo suoni gutturali da sopra quell'ispida barba da renderlo proprio selvatico, siccome padrone. Ma Céteun invece era ometto generoso e quando arrivavamo noi giovanotti offriva sempre qualcosa di quel pò ch'aveva. Un buon latte caldo, "Brossa" (latte appena munto e lavorato come da tradizione) e fetta di bella e calda Polenta. Con la grandine che emetteva il suo tintinnio sulle distorte lamiere del piccolo tetto, anticipante l'ingresso al rudere, era il miglior ristorante del mondo. Ve l'assicuro ...
EM EMO and SUGG To Emilius from Pian Felina  65 EXPEDITION
Emilius s  in the SUM  & Sur.  EMO  &  SUGG  Valtete   &  Osva
Mountain Friends 1963/2013 Alé, Alé Compañeros 1965

Going from Cétèun towards Emilius Punta Rossa & Pic Garin ...

July 17, 1965, first time we went there, Cétèun there was not and we wanted climb to Emilius. While it is celebrating first ascent on Matterhorn by Whymper. We slept all seven, after an exploration to Lake Gelato (2956m), in his barrack as a shack with the overturned door and pulled down over a little straw on the plank. We played by the lake for the entire afternoon with a "musket" rifle that we found under the straw. Then we put and rectified up what was left of the front door and went to sleep. At night a snap brought down the same and entered the Poachers, led by a boxeur who had fought with Sandro Mazzinghi for the title of Italian Champion. They rummaged in the straw, almost trampling us, and took the rifle. Then they disappeared, like Thieves, in the deep night. Everyone, including us, with no allowed Celestine or Cétèun home. The next day, left the youngest in Arbole nearby the lake with the same name (2496m), in four we started towards Monte Emilius (3559m) mistakenly almost completely also the true route. On August 21 we came back in three to climb the Punta or Pic Garin (3451m) and two days later, again starting from the Grande Cerise at the home of Walter Bianquin (who died in October 2015) and Ilario Garzotto (has died in 1969) we went to Emilius's Punta Rossa (3401m) on a cold day during which we climbed on the snow fall in the night. But at return under a heavy hailstorm, he awaited Cétèun Arbole's Shepherd who, between the barking of his mangy dog, had greeted us as a Great Lord ...
Emilius Friends One there is still two more non 1965
 Punta Ilario Antonio Garzotto
Aemilius s SUMMIT & Surroundings EMO & SUGG North Face Reds Point s
Punta Rossa of Emilius Central Summit by North Face 1965
Emilius s  in the SUMM & Surr. EMOTIONS  & SUGG GELATO or FROZEN Lake
La prima volta che siam passati Cétèun non c'era. Il 17 di Luglio 1965 e volevam salir l'Emilius. Mentre si celebrava la prima ascensione di Whymper al Cervino.
Abbiamo dormito tutti e sette, dopo un'esplorazione fino al Lago Gelato, nella sua baracca con la porta abbattuta e sopra un pò di paglia sopra il tavolaccio. Abbiamo giocato in riva al lago per l'intero pomeriggio con un fucile "moschetto" che abbiamo trovato sotto la paglia. Poi abbiamo rimesso in piedi quello che rimaneva della porta di ingresso e siamo andati a dormire. Di notte un colpo secco ha fatto crollare la medesima e sono entrati i Bracconieri, guidati da un pugile che aveva combattuto con Sandro Mazzinghi per il titolo di Campione Italiano di boxe. Han rovistato nella paglia, quasi calpestandoci, e si sono presi il fucile. Poi sono scomparsi, come Ladri, nella notte fonda. Tutti, noi compresi, senza nessun permesso a casa di Celestino o Cétèun. Il giorno appresso, lasciati i tre più giovani ad Arbole, in quattro siamo partiti verso l'Emilius, sbagliando anche giusta strada. Il 21 di Agosto siam tornati in tre per salire il Pic Garin (3451m) e due giorni appresso, sempre partendo dalla Grande Cerise a casa di Walter Bianquin (morto ad Ottobre 2015) e con Ilario (é scomparso nel 1969) siamo andati alla Punta Rossa (3401m) in una fredda giornata durante la quale abbiamo arrampicato sulla neve caduta per tutta la notte. Ma al ritorno, sotto fitta grandinata, ci attendeva Cétèun che, tra l'abbaiar del cane spelacchiato, ci aveva accolti da Gran Signore. Lui, il Pastore dell'Arbole ...
GARIN LAKE GARIN LOCH on 1965
PIC GARIN (3481m) under the Shoulder 3208m on 1966
From <b>PEAK GARIN</b> to Garin Lake and Arbolle s Valley
P. GARIN the Direct Variant on West Face to Shoulder 3207/8m on 1966
<FONT COLOR=GREEN><B>Emilius s</B></FONT> in SUM and S. <font color=red> EMO</font> & <font color=purple>SUGG </font> <font color=green><B>GARIN Peak </B><b>Sixties Fashion</b></font>


Comments

No comments posted yet.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.