Viewing: 1-6 of 6
hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 14, 2008 4:25 pm - Voted 7/10

Good Start...

Good Start. You may want to take a few steps to improve the page.

1) For the primary image, you may want to insert the number: 396353
This could be your Signature photo

2) You may want to expand on your overview. The one you have is way too short.

3) You may want to expand on your route description. Also, tell us ON THE PAGE how to get there from a main highway.

4) Look at other pages for nearby mountains and use them as an example

Best of luck on improving the page.

SillyUncleKarl

SillyUncleKarl - Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Start...

Thanks, good suggestions, I've already made some changes...

theronmoon

theronmoon - Apr 14, 2008 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice.

Good to see this area of the Santa Cruz Mountains getting some attention. I used to work for State Parks at Waddell/Big Basin and south thru to Natural Bridges. I also lived nearby in the mountains Brookdale and Bonny Doon. Can never get enough Santa Cruz! Thanks for making the page.

justing

justing - Jul 6, 2010 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Local peak gets some love

Thanks for this page. I suspect the mileage you give is a bit off starting from the Rancho del Oso trailhead. I think 8 miles is closer to the one way distance.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Sep 15, 2010 12:58 pm - Hasn't voted

trail mileage

I agree that the mileage Karl gives is off, though I think it is closer to 6mi one way from Waddell Beach. Oddly, the sign at the Clark Connection junction about two miles in gives the distance as 9mi to Chalk Mtn, wildly inaccurate. I also believe the RT distance via Whitehouse is closer to five miles, not four.

trexkerry - Dec 20, 2014 11:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Distance from HQ

The distance from the HQ to Chalk Mountain via the shortest trail route is a bit over 15 miles RT.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Chalk Mountain' main page