Cherry Creek

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.88970°N / 114.6028°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Ketchum, drive northwest on Idaho 75 for 29 miles to the Cherry Creek Road. Coming from the north, this road will be found one mile south of Galena Lodg. Note: Do not confuse Cherry Creek Road with the North Fork Cherry Creek Road. Drive this road as far as your little car will take you and park.

Route Description


Continue up the Cherry Creek Drainage remaining on the left side of the creek (crik as some would say). At around 8.600' Galena Peak's south slopes open up. Scramble on this steep section north to gain the south ridge. At around 10,200', you will see remains of old mining grounds, stay away from these and continue on the ridge. Shortly before reaching the meeting point of the west and southwest ridges, a set of black cliffs block you way, bypass these on their northwest side and continue obstacle free to the summit.

Essential Gear


No ropes, ice axes, crampons, needed. Just bring a camera and a map, this area is a bit confusing.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.