Chez Beround route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.13130°N / 6.45860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike / Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Annemasse take the D907 until you reach the cross-raods and lights in Les Brochets. Turn right on the D12 following signs to Perillonnex / bonneville. At the first roundabout turn left and follow signs to St Jean-de-Tholome, briefly on the D9 and then right on the D200. At the church in St Jean turn up left (signpost saying Le mole) continue upwards for 5.5km through the village of Bovere to Chez Beound at the end of the tarmac raod there is a small restaurant. Le relais de mole on the left hand side

Route Description


At the start of a well defined wide car track to the right there is a yellow signpost to Le mole. The going is medium steep uphill through shrub and woodlandafter about 45 minutes turn steeply up to the left on to a wide forest track. This path windes in and out of the woodland as it zigzags up the mountain. Tracks branch of to the right which should be ignored. At the next T junction bear to the right and look out for the overhead cables which you should pass under. At the next T junction keep to the main path which bears to the left, cross a cattle fence and an alpine pasture. The Summit of Le Mole can be seen up on your right. Keep the ridge of firs on your left and follow the grassy path. The track becomes more defined as it winds up very steeply through scrub and raspberry bushes. There is a tough climb ahead, then the path turns to the right and you must ascend steeplyover open pasture to reach the summit marked with a cross.

Essential Gear


this route is a little bit harder than the Chez Folliex route, but you should still take a bottle of wine and some bread to injoy the view with.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.