Chimney Tops Comments

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Nice. Q: What is an Adirondack 46er? Sounds like a peak bagging venture (like the highest in each state or the Colorado 14ers list, etc.).
Posted Apr 24, 2003 6:50 pm

climber46Untitled Comment

climber46

There are 46 mountains in the Adirondacks that must be climbed in order to become an Adirondack 46er. They were believed to all be above 4,000 feet in the early 1900s. 4 of them have since been determined to be slightly below 4,000 feet in recent USGS surveys. The greatest challenge to climbing these peaks are the 20 peaks without maintained trails. The herd paths to them often have blowdown that must be skirted, large muddy areas, and sometimes are a bit of a routefinding adventure.
Posted Apr 26, 2003 3:49 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Nice page.
Posted Apr 25, 2003 12:51 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Great page on mountain that probably has recruited lots of climbers and hikers.
Posted Dec 25, 2003 11:06 am

DeanUntitled Comment

So nice to find this page and bring back some great memories of a trip my wife and I made to Great Smokies that now seems like a long time ago..
Posted Jan 11, 2004 7:13 pm

hikes in sneekersUntitled Comment

great page I remeber my brother inlaw taking me there for the first time when I was a young lad . I have taken my children there several times now.
Posted May 15, 2004 2:22 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Nice page. Forgot to vote on it!

Posted Oct 12, 2004 9:12 pm

injektiloUntitled Comment

injektilo

This page sure does bring back a lot of memories. Growing up my family used to visit the Smokies every summer and we'd alway climb the chimney tops! Nice looking page. Makes me want to go back.
Posted Nov 22, 2005 8:58 am

MarkDidierWorth the Hike!

MarkDidier

Nice page. This is my favorite spot in the park. Getting solitude is challenging as I learned on my first climb when I was greeted by more than 20 other people at the summt. But by starting very early, more times than not on my 16 climbs, I have had the summit all to myself. I did post a picture showing the sign that the spur trailed is closed near the summit, at least in 2008.
Posted Jul 12, 2008 9:05 am