Chitral Valley, Pakistan

Chitral Valley, Pakistan

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Water

Chitral Valley, Pakistan

Chitral valley is located in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan. Step by step, out of the infertile brown hills of Afghanistan, the mountain of Hindukush enters into Pakistan, the valleys between each of the ridges forming jewels of green oases unrelenting by the grey scow-fed rivers that rush down their slopes.

The valley is at its loveliest in April when it’s uprising of fruit blossoms, and in October when the plants turns to auburn. This is natural and wonderful place, the rich meadows, terraced fields, and orchards of the valley floor lush contrast to the rocky and forbidding mountains and glaciers. But for much of the winter it is in deep snow. The first views are breathtaking. In any direction you look, mountains dominate the horizon. More than 325 kilometers long, set at 5000 feet above sea level, the valley is encircled by peaks of splendour, rising from 5500 meters to the highest of the Trich Mir (7708m) of the Hindukush peaks.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Afzal

Afzal - Aug 12, 2018 12:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing Sights

Thanks Zubair for your kind words.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.